How Crowded is Magens Bay in July?

xXbunnyhopXx

Hi~ I'm planning on renting a car and driving around the island and enjoy some beach and snorkeling.

We wanted to visit a couple beaches and wondered how crowed Magens Bay is in July.

Would it be better to skip this beach and go for the smaller beaches and save time?

Or is the view really worth dealing with the crowd?

The arboretum at Magens is a unique picturesque spot, but because of the admission fee it might be pricey depending on the size of your group.

I think that most of the beaches that are mentioned on cruisecritic are getting more crowded.

The arboretum at Magens is a unique picturesque spot, but because of the admission fee it might be pricey depending on the size of your group.

I think that most of the beaches that are mentioned on cruisecritic are getting more crowded.

Oh wow~ I wasn't aware of the arboretum. Thank you for the info.

I figured most of the beaches would start getting crowed, so hoping to visit the ones rarely mentioned here...

Hi~ I'm planning on renting a car and driving around the island and enjoy some beach and snorkeling.

We wanted to visit a couple beaches and wondered how crowed Magens Bay is in July.

Would it be better to skip this beach and go for the smaller beaches and save time?

Or is the view really worth dealing with the crowd?

Check one of the websites that show how many cruise ships/people will be on St Thomas that day:

July is off season and most days there are only one or two ships in port, so it shouldn't be that crowded. That is nothing compared to high season when there are 5 ships in port. Magens is a huge beach and can handle lots of people.

Magens is a wonderful beach to chill out, get some sun, have some drinks, and enjoy one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. It is almost like a gigantic swimming pool. If you want to see lots of fish and coral there are better beaches for that. The good thing is that if you have a car you can always just go to Coki or Saphire as well. Have fun!