MDR Breakfast & Lunch question

dis2cruise

This is our first time on the X...Very Excited!!

Here's my question....

Breakfast and lunch can we wear shorts/tee shirts and flip flops in the dining room??

BTW.. I ALWAYS wear a dress and my husband a suit at dinnertime in the MDR but just curious if Celebrity allows this to be more casual during those other meal times especially when running off the ship for a tour.

This is our first time on the X...Very Excited!!

Here's my question....

Breakfast and lunch can we wear shorts/tee shirts and flip flops in the dining room??

BTW.. I ALWAYS wear a dress and my husband a suit at dinnertime in the MDR but just curious if Celebrity allows this to be more casual during those other meal times especially when running off the ship for a tour.

We always wear shorts and t-shirts in the MDR for breakfast and lunch.

From Celebrity's web site:

T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours. The dress code will be enforced at all restaurants. And guests are asked to follow the Smart Casual or Evening Chic dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances. The daily program, delivered to your stateroom and available at the Guest Relations Desk, will be your guide to the correct attire each evening.

Our first Celebrity cruise is coming up too, we we have been Royal cruisers for many years. We are THRILLED to find out that the men don't need to carry a suit. Chic has replaced formal and our guys will be wearing collared shirts, as they always do in the evening anyway, but will be able to just carry pants and shirts to be appropriately dressed in the MDR for dinner. It will be a welcome FIRST for us.

This is in the FAQ for our Celebrity cruise TA:

Dress Codes

Shipboard dress is casual during the day. Shorts and tasteful T-shirts are acceptable even in the dining room. At dinner shorts and t-shirts are not allowed and dress on informal nights is resort casual.

So there you have it....conflicting instructions right from Celebrity's own website.

The fact is that no one is going to stop you from dining in the MDR for breakfast or lunch if you wear t shirts/shorts/ or flip flops IF they aren't outside the bounds of "tasteful" or non-objectionable. As adults, I hope we all know what that means:

- sleeves for men

- no suggestive or offensive language or pictures

- no cut-offs

- no midriffs

- no butt cheeks hanging out

However, I'm quite sure someone will take exception to some that.