Oasis in Port Canaveral- Yes you can make an early flight

I know a lot of people stress and have questions around flight times when returning home, so I wanted to share our experience with Oasis out of Port Canaveral. I have always been comfortable booking early flights from Fort Lauderdale following Oasis class cruises due to the proximity of the airport and the ease of terminal 18, but use more caution with Port Canaveral.

We arrived back in Port Canaveral on Sunday morning. Self-assist disembarkation runs from 6:45 AM - 7:45 AM. We had a cup of coffee and headed to the gangway at 7AM exactly. We were out of the terminal and were picked up in front of the building at 7:10AM (yes- just 10 minutes to get off the ship and through customs). Our ride got us to the airport at 8AM and Delta allowed me to bump my 11:20 flight to the 9:25 flight, so I was back in Atlanta by the time my original flight would have left Orlando :). We even had time to grab another coffee in the terminal before the earlier flight left.

I definitely would not recommend booking a 9:25 flight since there can always be a holdup with the ship being cleared or customs, however, I would have no issue booking an 11AM flight out of Orlando following Oasis as long as you carry your luggage off. If you get there early, you can always request to be bumped up, sometimes for a fee.

Anyways- an early flight is absolutely do-able if you plan accordingly and everything goes smoothly.

I know a lot of people stress and have questions around flight times when returning home, so I wanted to share our experience with Oasis out of Port Canaveral. I have always been comfortable booking early flights from Fort Lauderdale following Oasis class cruises due to the proximity of the airport and the ease of terminal 18, but use more caution with Port Canaveral.

We arrived back in Port Canaveral on Sunday morning. Self-assist disembarkation runs from 6:45 AM - 7:45 AM. We had a cup of coffee and headed to the gangway at 7AM exactly. We were out of the terminal and were picked up in front of the building at 7:10AM (yes- just 10 minutes to get off the ship and through customs). Our ride got us to the airport at 8AM and Delta allowed me to bump my 11:20 flight to the 9:25 flight, so I was back in Atlanta by the time my original flight would have left Orlando :). We even had time to grab another coffee in the terminal before the earlier flight left.

I definitely would not recommend booking a 9:25 flight since there can always be a holdup with the ship being cleared or customs, however, I would have no issue booking an 11AM flight out of Orlando following Oasis as long as you carry your luggage off. If you get there early, you can always request to be bumped up, sometimes for a fee.

Anyways- an early flight is absolutely do-able if you plan accordingly and everything goes smoothly.

Thanks for relating your experience. regarding the part I bolded and underlined, Did Delta charge to let you do this?

Thanks for relating your experience. regarding the part I bolded and underlined, Did Delta charge to let you do this?

They did not. They waived the $50 fee, it may have been because of my Skymiles status, may be because I asked nicely :D.

Thanks for the info! I have sailed out of PC several times, but usually book my flight for the later afternoon. This time I booked an 11:30 a.m. flight. I also booked Cortrans for an 8:00 a.m. pick up. Hopefully all will go well!

They did not. They waived the $50 fee, it may have been because of my Skymiles status, may be because I asked nicely :D.

I have more than once had Delta offer me an earlier flight at no charge if I'm at the airport early and they have space. It makes sense, the later flights may be overbooked and this way they don't have to give credits, etc. to have someone give up a seat.