First timer.

CamRay12

We have never cruised before and have booked our first with RCI in Jan 18.

I have a couple of questions.

1. When a port is tendered, can we find out exactly where we will be tendered to? Eg Bay of Islands NZ, Akaroa NZ.

2. Drink packages, I have read much about they go on special from time to time, and it's better to buy before then on ship. I see RCI have three Alcoholic and two non- alcoholic. My question is, does the Alcoholic (eg, premium) come with all that of the non-alcoholic package (eg, replenish)

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can't speak to ports and tenders but I can help with the beverage packages.

RCI now only has one package with alcohol and yes, it includes everything that comes with the two non-alcohol packages.

My approach with the drink package is to buy it as soon as it's available. I then check in periodically. When it's available at a lower price I cancel the existing package and buy it again at the lower price.

Happy sailings to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can I ask when RCI went to just one package, I just viewed on their website the drink packages and it says 3 alcoholic and 2 non.

That is what made me ask in the above post.

Cam & Ray.

Townsville, Qld, Au.

First time Cruisers.

Can I ask when RCI went to just one package, I just viewed on their website the drink packages and it says 3 alcoholic and 2 non.

Cam & Ray.

Townsville, Qld, Au.

First time Cruisers.

The changes were made last summer, I believe. It's not surprising they still have active pages that don't have the updated information, though.

Here's a link to the newer options: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/new-beverage-flyer-general.pdf

Cam & Ray.

Townsville, Qld, Au.

First time Cruisers.

I am not a Royal expert though I did spend one & two weeks on Adventure a few years ago.

I just logged in, looked under onboard experience, food, drinks packages. I got the same info reported above by traveler279. If you are seeing something different, maybe there is a difference between Antipodes cruises and others? Do you log into a different "local" version of the website that carries different information? Or maybe one that hasn't been updated? I would call your local number to find out for certain.

FWIW... I went to the Australian site to check to see if RCI did this differently. It appears they do it the same as the rest of the world. I suspect the OP had gotten some old data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk