Upscale Singles Cruise

flippersam

HI Darcie: I would have loved to join you and Judith and the other CCers on the Buenos Aires cruise but as you probably know I do not want to leave my mother (94) for that long or travel too far. However I am going on a one week singles cruise next Sunday on Holland America (ooops hope I don't get deleted from this board!!) This will be my first HAL cruise so it should be interesting.

Nanci,

Just curious...why would your post be deleted? What rule did you violate? I post all the time that I cruise on HAL as a single and no one seems to mind.

Roz

Vancouverite,

Where were you able to find your information on number of single cabins booked on a particular ship before actually going on your cruise?

IMHO . . . This would be very good information to have when trying to decide on which ship to sail next;-) decision on which ship to cruise next:-)

Hope you'll be able to post the site here without it getting pulled.

Thanx for any info

Annie

Roz: I knew I would not get deleted from this singles thread but I was actually replying to Kitty's post about the singles from the Crystal board meeting up for a cruise! Four more days until my Westerdam cruise and really looking forward to the experience !

• 2 weeks later...

I booked directly through Celebrity and after I PERSISTED, they checked their cabin list and determined there were lots of singles booked. HOWEVER, I would never do a cruise at Christmas again - way tooooooo family oriented - like 600 kids on board ACK :p. They didn't look after the single people at all. In fact, they didn't have a singles meet until day 5 and then it was scheduled the same time and location as a teen dance.....not good:rolleyes: ! When I complained, they scheduled another one two days before trip was over, didn't even bother to go to it.

That's one of the general rules for singles who are going on a cruise----unless you don't mind lots of families, stay away from cruising on Thanksgiving and Christmas. My TA was on Voyager of the Seas at Christmas, and there were 900 kids on board, and he said it was insane.

Archived