Baltic Cruise - June 2018; Help Needed

jinteso

I have been on 3 cruises before. 2 were on NCL but the last one was over 15 years ago. Planning to purchase a June 2018, 9 day Baltic cruise from Copenhagen by the end of the week. I have never stayed in a Balcony room (too poor back then). After reading this board for several weeks, I am going with the Haven Spa Suite (H9). Considering it is the Baltic in early June, I thought that would make sense for the Spa and in room spa. I don't think that we would get much use of the pool at that time of year. There are only 2 of us going on the cruise.

Questions:

1. Would that be a good choice for a room?

2. If an upgrade to an OS or DOS becomes available, is it worth it? I don't see too many additional benefits.

3. If I purchase this far out (over a year), what is the likelihood that the price would drop significantly?

4. Has anyone ever used the "Haven" Excursion packages? Are they worth the cost? Where can I find out more details about them?

• 8 months later...

I am sorry that I did not see this sooner before you booked. I think I can answer questions one and three.

We went on the Baltic Capitals cruise from Copenhagen on the Getaway in September of 2017. We loved it! We did so much that it took several months to process everything when I got home. I did a review.

I first booked a spa balcony cabin in about January or February 2017. (I had stayed in a Haven Spa Suite when we went to the Caribbean and loved it. The price was a little higher at first for the Baltic than I wanted to pay).

I kept checking the prices of the Haven Spa Suite. One week in around May, it went down to what I thought was very reasonable with all the perks. I upgraded and booked it! We loved having access to the spa in the cooler weather and we love the Haven on such a large ship. The Haven spa suites were 2 floors down from the Haven proper. No problems for us. Absolutely loved it and would highly recommend it. Enjoy your cruise!

PS The Haven excursions seemed very pricey to me. I would recommend a private tour with SPB Tours in St. Petersburg if you want a special experience custom-made for you and your party.

Edited by Seminole1975

We've done the Baltics in early June but on the Sun. It will be a bit chilly and not a lot of sea days anyway. We used the pool a couple days.

We've also been in the BA DOS. It is a nice room and large bathroom but the wall leaks noise from the OS next door. For just two of you I'd take it if a small bid but don't pay tons for it. It would come with 3 bottles booze plus in room soda and bottled water.

The Baltics are great - have fun.