Between Check-in and boarding?

Named-Tawny

Hey folks:

We're cruising the Pearl out of Seattle in a month and a bit, and I had a question about the logistics of boarding and checking in.

Namely, once we've checked in and given them our bags, I understand that there can still be a number of hours before we're allowed to embark, is this correct?

And... if so, are we free to do as we please? Can we walk around Seattle for a bit after handing in our bags and then be back at the cruise terminal when it's time to board? Or after checking in, are we required to sit and wait?

Thanks!

All depends on the time. There are four main different steps.

1 - Dropping off bags. Might want to check some recent reviews on how early they allow that.

2 - Checkin - this is a bit later. Happens in a different place than dropping off bags.

3 - Boarding. This is usually not until very late morning, to early afternoon. Will happen in stages based on VIP, etc.

4 - Rooms ready - this is not until 1 or 2.

So, if you drop bags off earlier in the morning, you can go on your way and come back up to two hours before departure to checkin.

Hey folks:

We're cruising the Pearl out of Seattle in a month and a bit, and I had a question about the logistics of boarding and checking in.

Namely, once we've checked in and given them our bags, I understand that there can still be a number of hours before we're allowed to embark, is this correct?

And... if so, are we free to do as we please? Can we walk around Seattle for a bit after handing in our bags and then be back at the cruise terminal when it's time to board? Or after checking in, are we required to sit and wait?

Thanks!

Sure, Once you have your ship card in hand they can not hold you . Just be back more than two hours before departure time.

IF you want to explore Seattle the easiest thing to do is to drop your bags off around 9:30 - 10:00 and then go off on your own. Come back about 3 hours prior to departure, complete check in, and board the ship and eat lunch.

IF you want to explore Seattle the easiest thing to do is to drop your bags off around 9:30 - 10:00 and then go off on your own. Come back about 3 hours prior to departure, complete check in, and board the ship and eat lunch.

Perfect! I know my Fiancereally wants to visit Target, and I'd like to wander around Pike Place; it's been a while. =)