Nice - Marseilles France help

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this. We are cruising this October and two of our stops are Nice and Marseilles. They are so close to each other I am wondering what port would be the best one to do an excursion on. One day we are going to just get off the boat and do our own thing but due to the fact we have never been to either of these ports before I wanted to ask all you lovely people what port would be the best one to do something with a private company or the boat. Thanks guys:D

When we were in Marseilles we did a walking tour of the city. I would not waste time or money on that excusion. Marseille was my least favorite port - I would take the excursion to Aix or stay on the boat and take it as a pool/relaxation day.

Def do an excursion in Marseilles. Aix en Provence is worth the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We also went to Aix while docked in Marseilles. It was gorgeous. Cassis is also great. Villefranche is a great little town in itself just to wander around or you can easily catch a bus or train to Nice or Monte Carlo, or take a trip to Eze which is beautiful and has spectacular views.

We also went to Aix while docked in Marseilles. It was gorgeous. Cassis is also great. Villefranche is a great little town in itself just to wander around or you can easily catch a bus or train to Nice or Monte Carlo, or take a trip to Eze which is beautiful and has spectacular views.

We booked the ship coach tour to Nice, Monte Carlo and Eze and had a great day. Didn't want to bother with catching trains etc. It was seamless and I would recommend it. The tour guides we had were excellent.