Anyone used the Club Class Dining aboard Princess ships?

CruisingMemories

I recently returned from an Alaska cruise round-trip from San Francisco on the Grand.

The times for breakfast are the same as in the MDR. I don't know what they offer for breakfast, since I only ate there on disembarkation morning. This should not be a problem. As in the MDR, anyone with dietary constraints should speak with the head waiter - not with the waiter. The head waiter will know what deserts meet her restrictions. The only advantage of Club Class in this case is that the head waiter is dealing with a much lower number of passengers so it will be easier for him to arrange.You do not need to make a reservation in Club Class - that's its main advantage. You can show up anytime and get a table for two without waiting. They will ask whether or not you want to share. After a couple of days, they will no longer ask - they will remember what you told them before. The opening time is the same as the anytime MDR, around 5:30 pm.

You would have no problem eating alone in Club Class if that is what you want.

One of the few problems with Club Class is that if you want to share you may not be able to. Because there are so few people in Club Class and because many of them are not sharing, there is not always a sharing table available. DW and I usually asked to share, but sometimes we were the only ones at the sharing table (table for eight). We did share with the same people many nights - almost like traditional dining - since so few of us asked for a sharing table. Because of this, I ate in the main anytime MDR on the one night that DW did not want to go to dinner - I could be guaranteed a sharing table there and I did not want to eat by myself.Some nights I ordered the special entrée and some nights I didn't - it depended on the choices. Whenever they had a special pasta, I ordered it but usually as a small appetizer portion before my entrée.

Awesome! Thanks for all of the info. I feel like we may not need to go to any Specialty Restaurants this time. Wonder what they will do for Thanksgiving Night? Turkey I would imagine;>)

Awesome! Thanks for all of the info. I feel like we may not need to go to any Specialty Restaurants this time. Wonder what they will do for Thanksgiving Night? Turkey I would imagine;>)

Yes, it will be on the dining room menu that night.