Summit Live (ly) 6/04/17

crisp1

We are now in Bermuda. Boarding was 'easy' drove and got to the pier before 12- on the ship before 1- unfortunately it was a rainy cool day and the ship was booked to capacity- Cosmopolitan wasn't open for lunch and since cabins weren't available yet- most just spent time hanging out at the Oceanview, not thinking about the rest of us- we finally ended up getting a hot dog and sitting on a lounge eating it by the pool

I was glad we made dinner reservations online for the first night ( we had Select) - there was just the 2 of us- I recommend that if you have a family and get stuck with Select- make reservations online for every night before the cruise- we booked just the first night- once on board you can only book one night in advance- could be a big pain in the ***

Although our Roll Call was kind of inactive I was excited about the chance to meet Captain Kate and other Senior officers at the M&G/ Connections party- for some reason we never got the invite and missed the party- on Monday night after getting the next day's Daily and no notice I went down to the front desk and asked about it- "that was today- so and so handles that- sorry" the next morning our cabin steward comes and says he delivers whatever he gets ( so they blame it on him- because they can)

Cloudy/ rainy was our days coming- the ship is full- lunch at the Cosmopolitan was backed up well after 1:30 because of the weather- nothing going on around the pool- we found refuge at Cellars Masters, Rendez- Vous, and Cafe al Bacio- live entertainment-

Following-I leave on the Summit Sunday. What movies are they showing on the outdoor screen? And when is taste of film and what movie then? Thanks for any info you can give.

Laura

Following--Going on 07-07 first time on Summit--first time on Celebrity.

We have been to Bermuda on other ships- just seeing what is out there! Thanks

Hi Tom, we are also on this cruise. Have you joined our Roll Call? Here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2443490

It's very quiet, but it you have any questions come over and post. I have sailed on Summit 11 times and we have been to Bermuda 5 times.

Following-I leave on the Summit Sunday. What movies are they showing on the outdoor screen? And when is taste of film and what movie then? Thanks for any info you can give.

Laura

Hi Laura, We got off the Summit on June 4th. The taste of film was Chef and they played Sing, A Dog's Purpose, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, the new Star Wars Movie, Fences, and some other animated movie. A taste of film was on Wednesday night (I think). Have a great cruise.

Hi Laura, We got off the Summit on June 4th. The taste of film was Chef and they played Sing, A Dog's Purpose, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, the new Star Wars Movie, Fences, and some other animated movie. A taste of film was on Wednesday night (I think). Have a great cruise.

Thank you!

Laura

Thanks so much for posting. Could you possibly post who the Captain's Club Host(ess) is and Sr. Officers?

Have a great trip.

Master Kate McCue

Staff Captain Panagiotis Kiousis

Chief engineer Konstantinos Zannikos

Hotel Director Srdjan Cetovic

guest relations Manager Alana Abrahams

F&B director Cemal Ozcelik

Executive Chef Kuldeep Singh

CD Chris Sweets

Laura

Early daytime it's live concerts

Movies so far A Stars wars Story, Sing, Beauty and the Beast, logan

Live entertainment:

Jessica Lajner- guitar/ vocals- mostly at the Sunset Bar

Bill Forrest- piano/ vocals- Cafe, Rendez- Vous, Foyer- leaving after next week

Neptunes ( classical string duo) I avoid :)

Friends Project Band ( house band) Rendez Vous

Bill Beam Band ( Party band) Foyer, Revelations

Orchestra- Revelations, Foyer

Some FYI- we are in an OV- deck 3- no robes or slippers, no body wash- just soap bars, shampoo conditioner and body lotion by Gilchrist & Soames in tubes. Internet is much faster than what I'm used to, if you have 'select dining' I recommend making a reservation(s) for at least the first night. The MDR is not open for lunch on port days. If you can- ask for Anish and Singh ( by the back windows) best team- Anish saw us coming in for breakfast today and even though we weren't in his section, delivered our meal- also showed us the next night's menu in order to tweak it- and makes sure we never have to wait for our wine. Singh in the Rendez Vous and Arie in the Cellar Masters are also great.

Some FYI- we are in an OV- deck 3- no robes or slippers, no body wash- just soap bars, shampoo conditioner and body lotion by Gilchrist & Soames in tubes. Internet is much faster than what I'm used to, if you have 'select dining' I recommend making a reservation(s) for at least the first night. The MDR is not open for lunch on port days. If you can- ask for Anish and Singh ( by the back windows) best team- Anish saw us coming in for breakfast today and even though we weren't in his section, delivered our meal- also showed us the next night's menu in order to tweak it- and makes sure we never have to wait for our wine. Singh in the Rendez Vous and Arie in the Cellar Masters are also great.

You should have robes. Ask your cabin steward. As far as waiters, I have never had a wait staff team that is anything but stellar. To call anyone the "best" is somewhat unfair to the rest of the hard working restaurant staff.

Edited by bayonnejoe

You should have robes. Ask your cabin steward. As far as waiters, I have never had a wait staff team that is anything but stellar. To call anyone the "best" is somewhat unfair to the rest of the hard working restaurant staff.

No robes or slippers- we shouldn't have to ask- there or not. Yes the best! others just got it done- some go beyond- others do what is expected

No robes or slippers- we shouldn't have to ask- there or not. Yes the best! others just got it done- some go beyond- others do what is expected

See here is another example of how Celebrity had downgraded their services. Now most things we were told on our last cruise are "by request only."

You are correct I shouldn't have to ask for things, especially things that were once automatically included in your stateroom, i.e. ice bucket filled twice a day, shower cap, cotton balls, robes, q-tips, etc.

On another note, thank you for taking the time out of your cruise to post and answer questions. I hope you are having a good time.

See here is another example of how Celebrity had downgraded their services. Now most things we were told on our last cruise are "by request only."

You are correct I shouldn't have to ask for things, especially things that were once automatically included in your stateroom, i.e. ice bucket filled twice a day, shower cap, cotton balls, robes, q-tips, etc.

On another note, thank you for taking the time out of your cruise to post and answer questions. I hope you are having a good time.

I simply don't agree. The number of people who actually use the robes are quite low I suspect. Same for the other items you mention. These things all cost in ways that, if ineffectual, would increase overall costs and not improve the experience for most. The fact that these things are still available at no cost and no trouble at all, should still be acceptable.

It makes absolute sense for any service business to identify what works and what doesn't, and adjust accordingly. Have they always gotten it right? No, but most times I think so.

I simply don't agree. The number of people who actually use the robes are quite low I suspect. Same for the other items you mention. These things all cost in ways that, if ineffectual, would increase overall costs and not improve the experience for most. The fact that these things are still available at no cost and no trouble at all, should still be acceptable.

It makes absolute sense for any service business to identify what works and what doesn't, and adjust accordingly. Have they always gotten it right? No, but most times I think so.

But if I wasn't a long time Celebrity cruiser I might not know to ask for these items. I would just think they we did not get them. Since there is nothing in the stateroom stating these are provided upon request. Every time I sail they have taken away one more item in the stateroom that I have to ask our cabin steward why we don't have it.

We do use the robes, as then we have less to pack. People complain about packing formal clothes well, robes take up a lot of space also.

So I guess we will agree to disagree on this subject.

In less i'm wrong, why in the world would i want to use slippers or a robe that someone else used before!! I rather bring my own even if they were sanitized after each use. No thanks