Carry on soda/wine

allilivesay

We are going on the ecstasy in October. And we wanted to take sodas and wine on. I was thinking about taking a backpack as a carry on. Will a 12 pack fit in a normal backpack or do can I simply carry them on??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are going on the ecstasy in October. And we wanted to take sodas and wine on. I was thinking about taking a backpack as a carry on. Will a 12 pack fit in a normal backpack or do can I simply carry them on??

Carry them in a backpack or roll-a-long. If you take them in the box, it is likely that security will destroy the box.

Have fun, we have sailed on the Ecstasy many times.

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

Carry them in a backpack or roll-a-long. If you take them in the box, it is likely that security will destroy the box.

Have fun, we have sailed on the Ecstasy many times.

So take them out of the box??? Like leave them loose in the backpack??

We are excited about the ecstasy. Been on fantasy twice.

Put them in a backpack. Charleston is an odd port if you're driving. You park, and then take a short bus, go through security, enter the port area and then there's stairs or escalator and then a couple of ramps up to the ship. It will be easier to keep track of your beverages if they are in a bag. It's not your typical - park, security, sit, board. It felt much more "just keep going, just keep going - stand here, wait here, you're next, keep going, almost there, no, there's still 3 ramps up to the ship, okay almost there, now you're boarding."

So take them out of the box??? Like leave them loose in the backpack??

We are excited about the ecstasy. Been on fantasy twice.

Some security will tear the box open to make sure no one's trying to smuggle beer in between all of the sodas (which happens). My wife's family came back from a cruise out of Galveston last month and they said security tore open each and every 12-pack of soda that came through. I think it depends on, not only the port, but even the officials working that port that day. Some are a little more gung-ho than others. Last year I opened the 12-pack of Pepsi and replaced half with Dr. Pepper, then taped it back up. I was fully aware that they might want to have a look inside (this was Port Everglades) but it went right through without a word. And the box was even inside my carry-on. Next time I think I'll strap the box on top of my carry-on and if they happen to destroy the box, I'll probably just have a plastic bag just in case.

Put them in a backpack. Charleston is an odd port if you're driving. You park, and then take a short bus, go through security, enter the port area and then there's stairs or escalator and then a couple of ramps up to the ship. It will be easier to keep track of your beverages if they are in a bag. It's not your typical - park, security, sit, board. It felt much more "just keep going, just keep going - stand here, wait here, you're next, keep going, almost there, no, there's still 3 ramps up to the ship, okay almost there, now you're boarding."

We are driving in the day of. Leaving our 2 cars at the airport and ubering to the port. Has anyone ever done this?? We have sailed from Charleston twice before but have never parked at the port. I hear it's a mess. We have always done a stay and park package but this time we will be driving in that morning. It's my understanding that we can dropped checked luggage off as early as 9:00 am??? Can anyone clarify this?

We cruised out of Charleston last October and brought along a small cooler with a hard liner. It fit our cans of soda (which they did look through) and then acted as our ice bucket in our room (which our room steward happily filled every day). The hard liner kept it from leaking as the ice melted, and the cooler kept our drinks cold. It was perfect!

Bonus - at the end of the cruise (now that the soda was gone) we had an empty cooler to stash small gifts that we bought during our cruise!