How do you change the language on the NCL website?

terri910

We are currently in Ecuador.

My computer recognizes this, so when I try to access ncl.com, it takes me there, but it is all in Spanish.

I have not been able to find a place on the website to change the language to English, nor have I been able to figure out how I can change the url to make it English.

I plug in ncl.com, but once it goes the website, the url changes to ncl.com/ar/es

I don't know what the "at" denotes, but I assume the "es" is for "espanol." I tried changing that to "en" for "English," but it just goes back to "es."

Is there a place on the website where you can change the language?

Having to do the VPN thing just to be able to get to a website in English is a PITA. Hope there is another way that I just haven't found yet. Any ideas/suggestions?

Hmmm...

Many sites have a pulldown for language, but not for location. The reason is that pricing and terms vary by country. Somebody might come along with a link to change this. I assume you try to edit he url to remove the part that directs you to their country.

ncl.com/ar/es

I just tried that and then removed the /es at the end and it switch to english for me... but I am in the states.

I plug in ncl.com, but once it goes the website, the url changes to ncl.com/ar/es

I don't know what the "at" denotes, but I assume the "es" is for "espanol."

Maybe "Argentina"?

Having to do the VPN thing just to be able to get to a website in English is a PITA. Hope there is another way that I just haven't found yet. Any ideas/suggestions?

Have you actually tried the VPN thing? It will probably slow down your browsing, but it's isn't difficult or complicated and it doesn't (necessarily) cost anything. The only other solution I can think of is to remote desktop to a computer that is actually located in the US, but that would be a lot more trouble.

While it is cumbersome I wonder about using a translation service i.e. Babelfish - Bing - or Google for a web page translation

one page at a time or the whole website ?

It has to be irksome to use a familiar website in a foreign format changing the currency and other details !

A bit too technical for average end user, but OP is on track - VPN would help to easily redirect the net traffic.

Depending on how OP is accessing the websites and local server/network connection - the DNS server is probably identifying the hardware's IP address and routing the search / traffic to the nearby/region's servers or gateways. Google for a USA-based DNS server and change the portal to connect & get around the blocking or site restrictions ... your I.P. address is disguised tunneling thru instead.

Using Chrome or Firefox browser, look for an "extension" to add-on, install & change it to a different region & country, i.e. DNS/VPN changed to Singarpore just now, input NCL dot com and get connected to NCL's India based site. Viola - option for English at the upper to change it.

There was a similar post a few weeks back, no way was found to change the URL or the language. Sorry.

Thanks. I was kind of afraid of that.

Thanks, everyone else, also, for the comments. I guess I will just have to go ahead and make sure I have our VPN on when I want to access ncl.com.

And, as I mentioned in my OP, yes, I have tried changing the URL, but it just goes back to what the computer thinks I need (which is the kind of thing I actually hate about machines they are trying to make "smart"! *L*) And while the US site does have a language choice right next to the search box, what I'm getting doesn't.

What is weird is that it hasn't always been this way.

Oh, well....

Oh well.....worth a shot.