Cabin under public restrooms - problem?

Any experiences here (good or bad) about a cabin under public restrooms? I have two adjoining mini suites on Pearl (deck 11 mid) and now noticed two connecting mini suites have become available. Deck 11 next to aft stairs under Garden Cafe/public restrooms area.

We would really appreciate connecting vs adjoining cabins but the connecting mini suites are under public restrooms which are situated next to the Garden Cafe entrance. The adjoining cabins are under Garden Cafe where I have been many times without any problem.

So my question is would anyone here have experience or otherwise an opinion if having a cabin under public restrooms is less desirable due to possible noise issues?

All info is much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If the toilets back up and leak into your room, that would be a problem. This could happen anywhere but I doubt that it ever would. There are toilets all over the ship - next to you, above you, below you.

There are a few people who have complained on various ships of constant sounds of toilets flushing when they are under a public restroom. As people have noted there will usually be a bathroom above you and the occasional flushing sound. I am assuming depending on the location of the restroom it will probably quiet down a bit at night.

I think the OP is more concerned with noise from flushing, stall/door slamming, and talking.

If a toilet leaks on the deck above you, it is very unlikely that it would affect your cabin as any deck penetration for piping/cabling needs to be filled with fire stop material to meet the required A-60 fire rating, and so these tend to be watertight as well.

Any experiences here (good or bad) about a cabin under public restrooms? I have two adjoining mini suites on Pearl (deck 11 mid) and now noticed two connecting mini suites have become available. Deck 11 next to aft stairs under Garden Cafe/public restrooms area.

We would really appreciate connecting vs adjoining cabins but the connecting mini suites are under public restrooms which are situated next to the Garden Cafe entrance. The adjoining cabins are under Garden Cafe where I have been many times without any problem.

So my question is would anyone here have experience or otherwise an opinion if having a cabin under public restrooms is less desirable due to possible noise issues?

All info is much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The only way that you would have noise issues is if NCL converted it to a dance hall, and added a band.

We've had Jr. Suites underneath the buffet/restroom areas.

The problem is not leaking water. The problem is the noise you can hear people walking above you on the tile floor in high heeled shoes. You can also hear early in the morning when they move the furniture around for cleaning, you can hear the furniture scraping the tile floors at 5am when they move the furniture around. It did wake me up but the rest of my family in our Jr. Suite and my kids adjoining didn't wake up from it. During the day it didn't bother me at all. There was enough regular noise in our cabin I didn't hear it. It was at night midnight, I'd hear click, click, click..........click......click, click from the high heel shoes and then the scraping from the furniture being moved in the early am.