Oasis Spa: Reviews? Pictures? Prices?

Wondering if anyone can offer their opinion on booking a massage through the Vitality Spa on Oasis? Or, have you ever booked a day-pass for their spa? Would love to see any pictures if someone has them. Open to ALL opinions. We don't typically spend a lot of money on spa services, but are thinking it may be worth it on embarkation day to really kick off our kid-free week for our anniversary. But I would like the area to be inviting enough that I want to spend more than my treatment time there, if that makes sense?

Again, open to all opinions and reviews on treatments, the facility, anything! I couldn't find much doing a search in the forum.

Thank you!!!

We did a couple massage on the Allure and it was awesome. It was $$$$, I didn't pay (sort of) but I saw the AMEX bill later and I recall it was more than $400. I think DW booked us for the longer session. But again, we never got off the ship so this was our "major" shore excursion.

• 4 weeks later...

The ship's spa prices are definitely higher than what you'll see in the states. DH and I did a couple's massage on our honeymoon cruise on the Allure in 2011 and on our Oasis cruise in February, we had 1 spa treatment from our TA (Costco actually) and they let us upgrade it to the couple's massage. The massages were both excellent and definitely relaxing. However be prepared, they are terrible about trying to sell you their products, both times they were very pushy but we said no.

I'd definitely recommend doing the spa tours on embarkation day, they'll show you everything and usually offer port day specials or additional services. I don't know what it's like booking spa services in advance. Not sure when your cruise is, but we're on Oasis again in Sept and we get a day pass to the thermal spa in our package, I'd be happy to report back if I use it.

I've never actually taken any pictures of the spa, which is surprising because I take pictures of practically everything. The spa is actually huge when you look at how much of the ship it takes up, the entrance makes it look kind of small. There are a ton of pictures here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/oasis-of-the-seas-368/vitality-spa-162903/ But you may have already seen them.

I have not been on the Oasis, but will be on her in Sept. Yes, the spa services on a cruise ship are definitely higher. But they do have specials, and I usually book one each cruise. I love cruise spa treatments! When you check in, they give you a form to fill out, and I always write in the comments sections that I am not interested in purchasing products.

I always write in the comments sections that I am not interested in purchasing products.

So, does this cut down on their pushiness with trying to get you to buy products? I like the idea if it works as this has been one of my main reasons for not trying the spa.

Just off Allure which is identical to Oasis and we were so disappointed with the spa pass. Their heated loungers (a whopping 4 of them for a ship of 6000) looked as if they were in a hall way. Sauna and stream room but no quite area just for spa members. We went on tour ready to purchase but said no due to lack of amenities. I did get a massage later in the week when they were having a special and my massage was awesome. Price is the first day or two are much higher than they are later in the week. Wait for the specials and the price really isn't too much higher than a massage and a nice spa at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was on the Allure a few weeks ago, did the "seaweed wrap" massage and it was wonderful!

Also bought the pass for the week for the "thermal suite" that includes the heated lounges and several different steam rooms, sauna, rain shower, etc - the space is very disappointing, no windows and very small, no hot tub, and noisy if you have to share the space with someone who insists on talking... If you have ever done the spa pass on one of the bigger Norwegian ships, you will be disappointed in the RC experience.

Just off Allure which is identical to Oasis and we were so disappointed with the spa pass. Their heated loungers (a whopping 4 of them for a ship of 6000)

EXACTLY what I thought too. And we never got space no matter what time we went.

And yes, the spa pass on the Norwegian big (and medium) ships is absolutely worth every penny imho.

As amazing as the Oasis ships are, their spas are not worth it IMO.

Our last trip on the Oasis there was always something broken in the Thermal Lounge. They would fix it after a day or two and then something else would break. I never had everything working at the same time.

There are only 4 heated loungers and there is always, always a battle to get one. Other than that there is a sauna, 1 standard steam room and 1 aroma therapy steam room. There are 2 showers, one on each side of the Thermal lounge room. Everything is co-ed, so appropriate cover up is required.

Overall the place isn't that relaxing. It's so small that there are always people coming and going. You can wind up with a bunch of people that are just yapping the entire time so you have a hard time getting any peace and quiet. It's hard to relax too when you do luck out and get a heated lounger when other people arrive and just have to stand around waiting for one of the loungers to free up. Plus, I have to admit I just prefer non-coed facilities like on the older ships.

They had a "sale" on the Allure a few months back and I picked up a 7 day pass for $125.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They had a "sale" on the Allure a few months back and I picked up a 7 day pass for $125.

I totally agreed with your opinion too. Even at $125 not worth it.

If you want to experience a real spa the Norwegian Escape was SO worth it.

I love RCCL but the Norwegian spas beat them hands down!