Yahoo... if anyone has written to me on yahoo per my signaure, Sorry bug

sail7seas

I cannot log into my acount and have not seen any mail. Sorry b ut want you to know that is why i have not responded. Also.... i do not have r record of con tact addresses.

I cannot log into my acount and have not seen any mail. Sorry b ut want you to know that is why i have not responded. Also.... i do not have r record of con tact addresses.

You could always open a new account and put that address in your signature.

You could always open a new account and put that address in your signature.

I have hundred ds of e-mails in that account and a great many contact addresses. don'; want to lose them if pospssibi le, to not

Perhaps now you should start keeping future contacts in whatever contacts program that you have so that this doesn't happen again. It is never too late to start. :D

The horse is out of the bar.n. :) But, good idea to start now. I saved some e-mails in that account from people no long er with us and i hate to lose them. I didn't print many of them.

Sail,

I have communicated with you in the past through your Yahoo account. Are you now able to do so?

rkacruiser

Yes, Ihave enjoyed your communications and sadly your address is among those I lost. I cannot get into that account. I followed yahoo's 'having troub le logging in' steps and am still unable to access my mail.

Have you forgotten your password? They will allow you to reset your password if you let them know you have lost it.

I entered the proper password though I got error message. I know it is the proper password. I followed the steps they outline to d follow ' if trouble logging in. They sent me two ''account' keys' which are to open the account. Neither works.

They are sent to an alternate e mail address ( not ayahoo address which was provided to them upon their request months ago).When i entered the account key, i got message 'not a valid entry.

I entered the proper password though I got error message. I know it is the proper password. I followed the steps they outline to d follow ' if trouble logging in. They sent me two ''account' keys' which are to open the account. Neither works.

They are sent to an alternate e mail address ( not ayahoo address which was provided to them upon their request months ago).When i entered the account key, i got message 'not a valid entry.

Are you using upper and lower case where indicated? Computers are persnickety that way. I've been frustrated on occasion when I neglected to capitalize where I should.

Sail, a couple months ago I couldn't get into my Yahoo emails. Talked to them on chat or phone, can't remember which, and they asked what browser I was using. Google Chrome. They said they didn't know of any problems but try using FireFox. Don't like FireFox but downloaded it anyway and using it was able to get into my emails. Maybe give it a try. Funny thing though about a week later tried getting into Yahoo emails via Google Chrome and voila it was working again.

Are you using upper and lower case where indicated? Computers are persnickety that way. I've been frustrated on occasion when I neglected to capitalize where I should.

Thanks for the suggestion. That is the first thing I checked my yahoo address has 7 two ' sevens (sail7 seas7) a(nd my password also hasa numb er. If I had caps lock on, my whole sign on would b e rejected. Well, duh. ; it was rejected. :D

Sail, a couple months ago I couldn't get into my Yahoo emails. Talked to them on chat or phone, can't remember which, and they asked what browser I was using. Google Chrome. They said they didn't know of any problems but try using FireFox. Don't like FireFox but downloaded it anyway and using it was able to get into my emails. Maybe give it a try. Funny thing though about a week later tried getting into Yahoo emails via Google Chrome and voila it was working again.

I'd love to get on the phone witrh them. I looked for an 800 number but no luck. I am using Firefox. I have chrome insalled ut I use Mozilla almos all ghe time. Really helpful suggestion and I'm goinv to gtry switiching which I use. I no long use IE

I'd love to get on the phone with them. I looked for an 800 number but no luck. I am using Firefox. I have chrome insalled but I use Mozilla almost allghe time. Really helpful suggestion and I'm going to try switiching which I use. I no longer use IE

sail,

I sympathize with your computer problems. Until I bought my new computer with Windows 10, I was nearly daily suffering one issue or another. Smooth sailing since and I am so pleased!

Will you be able to post a private e-mail address sometime in the future? Maybe a suggestion, as a non-techy, opening a different account, such as a gmail account, might help if Yahoo is not going to work for you.

rkacruiser

Sail,

A friend had trouble with Yahoo - used something wrong in sign-in - after 3 wrong attempts it locks you out. We called 800 number and, after on hold over an hour, a rep reset everything. He asked several security questions etc. first. It was a long, long bother, but only way to get it to work again. Good luck.

Sail

I second opening a GMail account. Never had any problems with it.

Thank you both pv girl and Strathenden. Yes, I likely will open a g-mail avccountespecilly for use her e on CC but that will not rtireve all of my lost addreses, connecitons, past e-mails I'd like to review again. IF I can find that 800 number, I'll tgry calling Yahoo. I have some things I need gto do this morning but think I'[l try later. I appreciate all ofgthe helpful sugesgitons. Truly, they are helpful to me. I have had that yahoo account vfo so many years and as far as I remember, this is the first problem I've had.

tHank you both pv girl and srathenden. I really appreciate your good suggestions. I likely will open a g aial accounf to use here at CC. tht a won't retrieve all of my lost connections, addresses, but.... I f I can find the 800 for Yahoo, i probably will call an see if they can get the account open for me.