Mendenhall Glacier/Dog Sledding - Overboots???

beanerab

We are signed up the the Mendenhall Glacier trip where we take a helicopter to go dog sledding. The information states that they provide you with "Glacier Overboots" what exactly is that? Does that mean I don't have to buy/pack boots if this is our only glacier related activity? I have two kids coming and would love to not have to purchase those just for this trip. Thanks!

I've signed up for this too. From what I read, no you don;t need to pack books. They will provide boots for you.

We are signed up the the Mendenhall Glacier trip where we take a helicopter to go dog sledding. The information states that they provide you with "Glacier Overboots" what exactly is that? Does that mean I don't have to buy/pack boots if this is our only glacier related activity? I have two kids coming and would love to not have to purchase those just for this trip. Thanks!

Did the Heli flight and salmon bake last week. Flight Co was Temsco and the overboots went over my trail sneakers just fine. Same company did the flight and dog sled tour, so I presume same overboots since that's all we saw they had at the hangar :)

Women in room next to us did the dog sled flight tour and _Loved_ it.

They were something like this:

https://m.galeton.com/product/detail/stabilicers-trade-overshoe-boots-with-ice-traction-cleats/12697-product

Thank you very much!

Did the Heli flight and salmon bake last week. Flight Co was Temsco and the overboots went over my trail sneakers just fine. Same company did the flight and dog sled tour, so I presume same overboots since that's all we saw they had at the hangar :)

Women in room next to us did the dog sled flight tour and _Loved_ it.

They were something like this:

https://m.galeton.com/product/detail/stabilicers-trade-overshoe-boots-with-ice-traction-cleats/12697-product