Locals: Needing suggestions for best deals departing from Port Canaveral

ShakerFamily

We're locals looking to cruise again out of Port Canaveral! We were told to try an agent as they can score deals and extras. Would anyone suggest a specific company or person we should speak with?We sailed with RC last time, but open to Carnival. Mostly interested in shorter cruises as we have children at home. We appreciate your suggestions! :)

Am I permitted to ask if online ads (in general) can be trusted?

Yes you can ask as long as it is not named. Like travel agents, in general.

I have no experience though on online ads. Just with travel agents who were referred by some friends.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

IME travel agents work best when you develop a relationship .... when you book with them several times. If you walk in cold they may or may not 'try hard' to get you the best deal. OTOH "my travel person" who we've used many times over the years will call me when they spot something extra special good that they know falls under our likes .... A referral from a good customer can't hurt ....

OR ... if you have the time to invest, just checking the cruise line websites routinely can reveal bargains as well. I routinely spot RCL cruises at super discounts on their web page .. typically close to the sailing date and as a local these are fine with me as I can drive to the pier and sail away just about anytime I want .....