Bottled Water and Soda

lucia1024

Just got back from Thanksgiving Dream.

Checked 12-packs of water & Coke.

When opened bag the Coke box appeared to have been opened and all taken out, then put back in.

Guess they were making sure no beer.

Rather than putting them in your luggage, I'd just either hand-carry them on, or stick a lluggage tag on the cartons and send them through that way. Our last cruise, the 2 suitcases that contained pop & water didn't reach our room until we were dressing for dinner -- about a 4 hour delay from the rest of the luggage. Apparently they triggered something on the screening process, which then required an additional hand-search.

No need to bring water. The water in the restaurants is great. You can fill your bottles at the buffets and or sports bars.

Equal to or better than any commercial water.

The secret is in the on-board processing.

Not true of tap water in cabins.

I didn't know they physically go through your bags by hand without telling you? Is this true?

Welcome to the Post 9-11 world. They reserve the right to inspect(i.e. search) all luggage. Re-filing a bottle directly from the water faucet at the buffet is technically a no-no- the Health people don't want a soiled bottle's lip touching the spout but of course no one will stop you. All tap water on the ship is either made aboard or bought from certified sources and treated by the ship. Tap water is not grey water and is better quality than most municipal water..The ships potable water supply is used both for the taps and restaurants.

No need to bring water. The water in the restaurants is great. You can fill your bottles at the buffets and or sports bars.

Equal to or better than any commercial water.

The secret is in the on-board processing.

Not true of tap water in cabins.

why is the tap water in the cabin different than the water supply in the restaurant?

Welcome to the Post 9-11 world. They reserve the right to inspect(i.e. search) all luggage. Re-filing a bottle directly from the water faucet at the buffet is technically a no-no- the Health people don't want a soiled bottle's lip touching the spout but of course no one will stop you. All tap water on the ship is either made aboard or bought from certified sources and treated by the ship. Tap water is not grey water and is better quality than most municipal water..The ships potable water supply is used both for the taps and restaurants.

Smeyer

Yes it is a health concern. I did not realize this untill instead of getting a clean coffee cup to get another cup of coffee, I just kept the same cup. I was told by one of the crew to always get a clean cup. It made me think and I was happy that there were so hyperviligent around this. I saw them also address someone else with water.

TSA doing a search it is one thing - they would pass beer, wine and liquor right on through as it is not a security concern. NCL's booze patrol searching your luggage is quite another as they don't want you consumming "free" booze.

For the OP, was there a TSA letter in your bag?

Archived