Drink Package Question

We've been toying with the idea of pulling the trigger on the Deluxe Drink Package this cruise. I see that soft drinks are included but I seem to remember reading that you can't just order them in the restaurant, or other venues as if you didn't have the package. It seems with the package, you have to have the cup with the chip and use the machines as if you had the soft drink package. Anyone know anything about this?

You're given a cup with the chip so you can use the freestyle machines, but you can also order soft drinks from any bar or venue without the special cup. Room service and mini bar are not covered though.

We've been toying with the idea of pulling the trigger on the Deluxe Drink Package this cruise. I see that soft drinks are included but I seem to remember reading that you can't just order them in the restaurant, or other venues as if you didn't have the package. It seems with the package, you have to have the cup with the chip and use the machines as if you had the soft drink package. Anyone know anything about this?

Can absolutely just go to a bar and get a soft drink. Don't need to have your cup. Just show them your card. I'm pretty certain they don't even scan it and ask for a signature if you're getting only soda.

Actually, since I have all you wonderful people here who have knowledge of drink package stuff, I'd like to ask one more question. Every time we have cruised, we think about doing the drink package but we have never committed. Anyway, I know that you are limited to one drink at a time with the package. So, how about ordering an iced bucket of beers at the pool? Been doing that for a while but wondering if the one drink at a time rule would eliminate this as an option. Thanks.

Actually, since I have all you wonderful people here who have knowledge of drink package stuff, I'd like to ask one more question. Every time we have cruised, we think about doing the drink package but we have never committed. Anyway, I know that you are limited to one drink at a time with the package. So, how about ordering an iced bucket of beers at the pool? Been doing that for a while but wondering if the one drink at a time rule would eliminate this as an option. Thanks.

You are correct, you cannot order a bucket of beers using the drink package.