Carnival newbie cruising with Victory (trip report and photos 5/29/17 - 6/2/17)

scrapfan

COZUMEL CRUISE EXCURSIONS OVERALL EXPERIENCE:

Once you got away from all the tourist stuff the island really is beautiful. Everything we did was included in the cost of the excursion (even the food, bottled water and cold beer) and I would definitely do this again if we come back to Cozumel. One of the guides always stayed close to the jeeps to watch our stuff so we didn't have to worry about it. They were very knowledgeable about the sites and the history of the area.

We dropped our jeeps off and said goodbye to Paco and Yaret.

IMG_0778.jpg

We were all exhausted so we went back to our cabins to shower and rest. We decided not to eat in the dining room tonight so family 2 ordered room service while we went to check out the buffet. I sat down to eat at 8:40pm and the buffet was really busy since the ship was in port till 10pm.

IMG_2713.jpg

IMG_2714.jpg

IMG_2715.jpg

IMG_2717.jpg

We headed back to our cabin and turned in early.

IMG_2711.jpg

I just stumbled on this review and I'm really enjoying it! There are so many Carnival ships we haven't yet sailed and the Victory is one of them.

Thank you. Victory was our first cruise with Carnival and we truly enjoyed it. Everyone on board was upbeat and nice and just a great atmosphere. We have a cruise booked for next month on Paradise and I look forward to checking out more of the ships.

Our group tried:

Green Eggs and Ham – the eggs were weird looking but tasted pretty good (better than the buffet eggs)

IMG_2728.jpg

Truffula Tree Pancakes – just pancakes but still tasty

IMG_2729.jpg

Cereal-Crusted French Toast – I didn’t try but the kids said it was good

IMG_2727.jpg

Belgian Waffles – waffles with blue and red topping (or you could get them plain)

IMG_2722.jpg

Steak and Eggs – yum…also came with potato straws

IMG_2725.jpg

IMG_2724.jpg

The rest of the day was spent taking it easy and everyone doing their own thing.

After breakfast the kids went to the pool while I went back to my cabin to pack and hang out on the balcony.

We already have our towel animal for the day.

IMG_1963.jpg

Gorgeous day, we couldn't have asked for better weather.

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1965.jpg

12:00pm The Very Hairy Chest Contest –the Lido deck was crazy packed but we found a place to watch and it was hilarious.

12:40pm Ice carving demonstration on the Lido deck.

IMG_2735.jpg

1:15pm Carnival Tower – Gavin and I went to play this in the Seven Seas Lobby; it was fun and a lot like giant Jenga.

1:45pm Love & Marriage Show – Jason Cindy, John and I went and watched this show and OMG I laughed so hard, especially at the oldest couple they picked. Monty was a riot and really had everyone going. (They picked 3 couples: the couple who has been married the longest, the couple who has been married the shortest and 1 couple in between. Everyone else was asked to stand up and make out with your spouse to be chosen for the last slot. The chosen couple were rolling around on the stage to get picked, oh well.)

IMG_2740.jpg

Shopping – I found these really cute color changing bags (they change when they get in the sun) and the Lido deck had a table full of t-shirts on sale. I also purchased my Carnival photos at Pixels after dinner.

IMG_2833.jpg

Carnival Secret Deck (I believe this was on decks 8 & 9) -

It was really windy since it's at the front of the ship but very peaceful (there is no seating up here except for a bench).

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg

IMG_2750.jpg

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_2754.jpg