Carnival newbie cruising with Victory (trip report and photos 5/29/17 - 6/2/17)

scrapfan

We decided to head down to dinner around 5:15pm to walk around a bit beforehand. The ship was really hoping now and everyone was moving about, with this being the last night on the ship I guess that they wanted to get in everything they could.

We went by The Taste Bar to check out tonight’s offering but decided to skip it.

IMG_2786.jpg

IMG_2787.jpg

IMG_2788.jpg

Around 5:50pm we headed to the dining room and were seated immediately. They put us next to a window so our dinner view was fabulous.

IMG_2780.jpg

**We ended up eating dinner at the main dining room 3 nights of the cruise and 1 time at the buffet. Each time we chose to be there as soon as they opened due to the size of our party and were seated almost immediately each night. We did YTD but would have been ok with early dining. Late dining would have cut in to some of the activities we enjoyed but I think for future cruises we will stay with YTD to give us that option**

This morning we had the Dr Suess Breakfast scheduled for 8:45am (we signed up for this on our first day). This was one of the best activities on the ship; people of all ages were there and got dressed up in character (we did too).

This was one of our favorite activities last year. The photos alone are worth it but the real thrill is to see how excited the kids (and some adults!) are. Most enjoyable Carnival experience we've had! Thanks for posting all the photos.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Forums mobile app

Escargots Bourguignonne – I did not try this, actually the only person at our table who did was Roger and he said they were good (I will take his word on that).

IMG_2760.jpg

Marinated Chicken Tenders – OK

IMG_2765.jpg

Fried Shrimp – Good

IMG_2763.jpg

Honey Roasted Ham – Good

IMG_2764.jpg

Mixed Greens – Good

IMG_2766.jpg

IMG_2756.jpg

IMG_2757.jpg

Dinner:

Braised Short Ribs – I did not try them but the guys said they were good

IMG_2768.jpg

Beef Lasagna – OK but wouldn’t order it again

IMG_2771.jpg

Chicken Milanese – Did not really like, the chicken was chewy

IMG_2770.jpg

Flat Iron Steak – John ordered it rare tonight and said it was the best steak of the cruise

IMG_2773.jpg

Penne Mariscos – The noodles were ok but I did not care for how the seafood was cooked (and I love seafood) it just seemed soggy

IMG_2774.jpg

Kids Hot Dog

IMG_0848.jpg

Desserts:

IMG_2778.jpg

Chocolate Panna Cotta – Ok but didn’t like the texture

IMG_2781.jpg

Pie A La Mode – Gavin loved it.

IMG_2782.jpg

Carnival Melting Chocolate Cake – I didn’t get a picture of it tonight but Jason got it with ice cream and peanut butter which was awesome!