Carnival newbie cruising with Victory (trip report and photos 5/29/17 - 6/2/17)

scrapfan

This plug is in the bathroom above the counter close to the ceiling but I couldn't get my curling iron to plug into it.

IMG_2796.jpg

These are and always have been for shavers only (that's what the little picture means). We should start a thread about how discriminatory that is! Hahaha. Plus, I would think the fire hazard would be much less in the bathroom if a curling iron were left on and happened to fall if it was in the bathroom instead of the main part of the cabin. Just sayin' - chime in experts!

This plug is in the bathroom above the counter close to the ceiling but I couldn't get my curling iron to plug into it.

IMG_2796.jpg

These are and always have been for shavers only (that's what the little picture means). We should start a thread about how discriminatory that is! Hahaha. Plus, I would think the fire hazard would be much less in the bathroom if a curling iron were left on and happened to fall if it was in the bathroom instead of the main part of the cabin. Just sayin' - chime in experts!

I didn't even notice the little picture on it, lol. I thought the location of the plug was kinda awkward but I agree that definitely does discriminate:')

Thanks for posting your review. I'm really enjoying reading it. I know you haven't reviewed the ports yet, but can you tell me which port in Cozumel did the Victory dock at: was it Puerta Maya or Punta Langosta (the Downtown pier)?

Thank you. We docked at Puerta Maya and I will be posting pictures later on of Cozumel.

Around 11:45am we headed up to the Lido deck to check out our food options. The buffet and grill lines were already getting long but were manageable. I noticed that the Good Eats location and the buffet were both serving the same thing (Italian themed foods) but the buffet had the salad bar and a few more items as well.

IMG_1614.jpg

I tried the food at Chopsticks and then later got a grilled ham & cheese sandwich from the deli (both were good).

IMG_0379.jpg

I didn't get as many photos of the food options as I had planned because I felt we were always rushed any time we were in this area. I do agree that the buffet set up on Victory is horrible. It is almost as if you are in 1 continuous line no matter what you want to eat; Off the Grill was probably the only exception to this but it was still busy since it was close to the pool area.

When we were in line for food I never had an issue in letting someone step in front of me to reach in and grab something they needed (milk, yogurt, a specific food, etc.). The mood around the ship was upbeat and happy and I never saw people getting angry over the lines (not to say they didn't I just didn't see it myself).

We also tried the soft serve ice cream and had to sample it many, many times during the cruise. Yummy:D

IMG_0388.jpg

We were just about finished eating when Roger found us on the Lido deck, he had just gotten on board. When everyone was full we decided to check out the kids clubs and the ship as we went.

The Lido deck...

IMG_1619.jpg

IMG_1642.jpg

IMG_1617.jpg

IMG_1616.jpg

IMG_1618.jpg

Camp Carnival activity schedule

CampCarnival_Penguins_Page1.jpg

CampCarnival_Penguins_Page2.jpg

CampCarnival_Penguins_Page3.jpg

CampCarnival_Penguins_Page4.jpg

*I only grabbed the schedule for the Penguin age group (2-5) since that was the age we needed; I think the schedules were different for the Stingrays (6-8) and Sharks (9-11).

Thanks for sharing your insights on Victory. Only have 157 days til we sail on her, but hey who's counting?!

;)

Yeah excited for you!

Victory is an older ship but we really liked her; my family commented that this was one of the best vacations we had ever been on. I hope you have a great time as well (and those 157 days will fly by:D).