Good deal or not

ukellie

advice please from you seasoned cruisers

We are currently on b2b over Xmas new year (14 night) inside cabin, original total cost was apox £5550 incl grats ( inside cabin)

To upgrade to balcony 1A including drinks package and grats is an additional £1500 - good deal or not ( that includes loss of current deposit) :):)

does that include flights , hotel , ect and is your 1500 total or each ?

I wish nope cruise only - £1500 is total to upgrade from inside to highest balcony cabin and includes the £300 I will loose on deposit

I wish nope cruise only - £1500 is total to upgrade from inside to highest balcony cabin and includes the £300 I will loose on deposit

Firstly you should not be losing your deposit to upgrade your cabin to the same cruse , second you are paying top dollar as this is a new ship , third the 1500 for the upgrade is not a bad price as the drinks package alone is $55 a day per person .

Just checked some prices and you could do a BTB on Equinox same time for £4800 ov cabin but that gives you a drinks package .

So back to your TA if they insist that you will loose your deposit get hold of Celebrity direct and sort it with them.

Just a small tip i am from the uk but for last 6 years i have book with american Ta as you dont loose any deposit if cancel before the final payment and the service is better.

good luck Phil

Firstly you should not be losing your deposit to upgrade your cabin to the same cruse , second you are paying top dollar as this is a new ship , third the 1500 for the upgrade is not a bad price as the drinks package alone is $55 a day per person .

Just checked some prices and you could do a BTB on Equinox same time for £4800 ov cabin but that gives you a drinks package .

So back to your TA if they insist that you will loose your deposit get hold of Celebrity direct and sort it with them.

Just a small tip i am from the uk but for last 6 years i have book with american Ta as you dont loose any deposit if cancel before the final payment and the service is better.

good luck Phil

Thanks for that info I did try to just upgrade without loosing deposit but no way hosay - I would be really interested to know how to book using a TA in the states my email is 1961ellie@gmail.com

I have just checked a booking I have with cunard nearly £1000 cheaper but paid a huge deposit and it's now a guaranteed cabin ☹️

Thanks for alternative info but one of my bucket list is a brand new ship so that comes with a price

Once again your response is much appreciated 😁

Not sure if you made a decision, but my answer would be yes, upgrade. I would take upgrade without the drinks package. This is a perfect cruise to have a balcony- it will be very crowded and it would be nice to have private outdoor space. The drink package seals the deal. If it isn't too late, grab this upgrade, but I agree, you shouldn't lose the deposit on a same ship upgrade. I'd call Celebrity myself, and if that doesn't work, write a letter. You have plenty of time to sort this out. And they could give you some on board credit, even if they continue to say no. Good luck.

Not sure if you made a decision, but my answer would be yes, upgrade. I would take upgrade without the drinks package. This is a perfect cruise to have a balcony- it will be very crowded and it would be nice to have private outdoor space. The drink package seals the deal. If it isn't too late, grab this upgrade, but I agree, you shouldn't lose the deposit on a same ship upgrade. I'd call Celebrity myself, and if that doesn't work, write a letter. You have plenty of time to sort this out. And they could give you some on board credit, even if they continue to say no. Good luck.

Yes I did upgrade to an E3 cabin and with a lot of bartering with my TA finally pd £1000 more plus loss of deposit so pleased with that - looking forward to the new gadgets :):):):)