Celebrity changing up Med cruises?

trishkri

I got a survey from Celebrity yesterday asking my opinion on potential changes to their Med cruises. First they had me choose my favorite among several different 7-11 day cruises. Then I had to rate my level of interest in several different ports. I have never done a cruise in the area or done research on the different ports so I don't know if the list included new stops.

Just speculating so please be kind....

With the Eclipse "repositioning cruise" in March 2019 disembarking in San Diego, I am going out on a limb and guessing that Eclipse will be staying on the Pacific Ocean side and not be cruising in Europe in the summer of 2019. Perhaps they will be moving Edge to the Mediterranean (if comment about Barcelona is to be believed).

I hope they do come up with some interesting itineraries for the Mediterranean. I've booked a cruise on Constellation for next September that starts in Rome and ends in Barcelona. Thinking I might wait if the 2019 schedule holds more interesting itineraries and newer ships.

I loved our Italy & Greece cruise on Reflection and am not thrilled about being on a M class ship. Personally, I would prefer the S class or new Edge class ships for future cruises.

With the Eclipse "repositioning cruise" in March 2019 disembarking in San Diego' date=' I am going out on a limb and guessing that Eclipse will be staying on the Pacific Ocean side and not be cruising in Europe in the summer of 2019. Perhaps they will be moving Edge to the Mediterranean (if comment about Barcelona is to be believed).

I hope they do come up with some interesting itineraries for the Mediterranean. I've booked a cruise on Constellation for next September that starts in Rome and ends in Barcelona. Thinking I might wait if the 2019 schedule holds more interesting itineraries and newer ships.

I loved our Italy & Greece cruise on Reflection and am not thrilled about being on a M class ship. Personally, I would prefer the S class or new Edge class ships for future cruises.[/quote']

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I totally agree about the M class ships. IMHO, S class is so much better! It certainly will be interesting to see where the Edge goes and where ships are moved.

I love the Med and have Italy and Greece planed for nextApril/May. This will be our second time with these ports, but they are all great!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wish they'd ask me. But to be a bit skeptical - maybe they are "planting seeds" for your consideration. There is another tour company that used to solicit feedback like this and then they were happy to let you know when an opportunity that you had hoped for became available.

Honestly - what other ports might be added in the Med? esp. with the large ships? Seems like most of the desirable ones are pretty well served at this time.

I loved our Italy & Greece cruise on Reflection and am not thrilled about being on a M class ship. Personally' date=' I would prefer the S class or new Edge class ships for future cruises.[/quote']

We feel the same way. The S class and the Edge will get us back to the Mediterranean with Celebrity. We just enjoy the S class more. We have done the Med a few times on the Connie and Infinity and want to move forward not back.:cool:

luvstosail

Boston Ma