Does additional excursion availability show up after one is on the ship/Escape?

Hotspring

Hey, we had a nice snorkel excursion from Cozumel set up with NCL 4 months ago. Last week we were told that the excursion was changed so that our 65 pound 11 YO would no longer meet the new excursion's 75 point weight minimum.

This is out of Cozumel in 2 weeks, there are absolutely no other excursions offered from this port at this time.

Will they figure out they need to add more excursions when we board the ship?

How stringent do the excursion operators apply the weight minimums?

Our daughter has swam over a mile in fresh water and has snorkeled in open ocean water since she was 5. (We had her in the Waterbaby program so she could swim before she could walk, one of her lifetime exercises contributing to her having little fat on her bod.) We asked her if she could gain 10 pounds in 2 weeks and she just thought we were nuts.

:mad: Probably my biggest frustration with NCL. They allow you to precook excursions but also make you prepay as well. Great for them but not for the consumer as they will not allow you to use OB credit to pay for it. My inlaws gave us OB credit for a Christmas gift last year and we couldn't use it for the excursions unless we waited to board the ship on 7/1. As of now there is literally one excursion available for Tortola. I'm hoping as well they add more .