Celebrity Summit - Evening Attire

MikethecruiserPA

My wonderful girlfriend and I have cruised many times before but this will be a first on Celebrity. We are sailing the Summitt July 7 for ten days. We are curious about the dress code.

We were planning on shorts and a polo shirt (for me). Cotton skirts and sandals for her.

Would this be acceptable for the MDR and lounges for the evenings? We understand that on the "formal" nights it will be suits, etc.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

My wonderful girlfriend and I have cruised many times before but this will be a first on Celebrity. We are sailing the Summitt July 7 for ten days. We are curious about the dress code.

We were planning on shorts and a polo shirt (for me). Cotton skirts and sandals for her.

Would this be acceptable for the MDR and lounges for the evenings? We understand that on the "formal" nights it will be suits, etc.

Celebrity no longer has formal nights. Shorts are not permitted for dinner in the MDR or Specially restaurants but okay in the rest of the ship. Pants and shirt are fine every night.

There are no formal nights on Celebrity cruises.

On the evening chic nights, there are still some men who wear suits, but suits are never required.

We keep seeing fewer and fewer suits worn on chic nights with each new cruise we take.

But it does vary with the itinerary. Europeans tend to dress up more than Americans so European cruises tend to be dressier than Alaska cruises, for example.

Officially, shorts are not allowed in the MDR for dinner on any night (although occasionally we have seen some men in the MDR wearing them at dinner).

Whether or not you would be admitted wearing shorts seems to vary depending on who happens to be on duty at the entrance when you arrive.

Shorts are fine at the buffet.

Suggest you take a look at the smart casual dress code , which

easyboy just posted:

"Smart Casual" dress code in the MDR.

Enjoy your cruise on Celebrity!

DH takes a pair of Khaki Dockers to wear in the evening. He will take a nice pair of slacks for the Evening chic nights paired with a button down shirt. I will wear slacks/capris/skirt with a nice top or a pant suit for the evening meal.

The days of long gowns and tuxedos are pretty much gone. Yes, you will see people dressed in formal attire but I find that not having to pack a suit jacket makes life much easier. We still look nice at dinner and the big thing is we are comfortable.

Enjoy your cruise on Celebrity!

DH takes a pair of Khaki Dockers to wear in the evening. He will take a nice pair of slacks for the Evening chic nights paired with a button down shirt. I will wear slacks/capris/skirt with a nice top or a pant suit for the evening meal.

The days of long gowns and tuxedos are pretty much gone. Yes, you will see people dressed in formal attire but I find that not having to pack a suit jacket makes life much easier. We still look nice at dinner and the big thing is we are comfortable.

How about on my upcoming med cruise?

No jacket required?

Thanks,

I know shorts are not allowed in the MDR/Blu/Luminae/Specialties, but there is one specialty restaurant where I've seen shorts many times: Lawn Club Grill. This venue is on the lawn and it can get quite warm in the Caribbean! I've always worn khakis and a polo, but have been there when I'm the only one in long pants!