Eclipse Caribbean Questions

BrittersC

We are leaving on the eclipse on the 26th for a 14 night cruise and had a few questions:

1. Does anyone have pictures of cabin 1049?

2. Besides the MDR and the buffet are there any other restaurants that don't have a cover? We were planning on dining at a couple of the specialty restaurants and were wondering which ones were worth it?

3. We are in the concierge room and it says there in an enchanced room service menu and I was just wondering what the menu looked like?

4. Can you use the hot tubs in the evening or do they close?

5. What do people do in port after their excursion is over? Most excursions are only 3-4 hours do most people hang around the town or do you usually go back to the boat?

You will have a blast. Here are just my opinions as others will chime in. First off the search function is your friend. Search cabin 1049 Equinox and also do the same for Concierge breakfast menu. This page has info on the breakfast menus I got from a quick search: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2435063&highlight=Concierge+breakfast+menu

Besides MDR and buffet there is the Aqua Spa café, the burger place by the pool (for a little longer) and treats from the coffee house - all free. We are not a fan of the specialty restaurants so can't be of help there.

I use the hot tub almost every evening after dinner. No one is out there. Not sure what time they close but I think it is 10 PM.

Some people book multiple excursions and that takes the whole day. Sometimes after an excursion we end up at a close beach for a couple of hours just chilling. Depending on the location you can walk around the port/city for a while. Many times we just get back on the ship and enjoy it a little less crowded.

Enjoy your cruise, the Eclipse is a lot of fun!

We are leaving on the eclipse on the 26th for a 14 night cruise and had a few questions:

1. Does anyone have pictures of cabin 1049?

2. Besides the MDR and the buffet are there any other restaurants that don't have a cover? We were planning on dining at a couple of the specialty restaurants and were wondering which ones were worth it?

3. We are in the concierge room and it says there in an enchanced room service menu and I was just wondering what the menu looked like?

4. Can you use the hot tubs in the evening or do they close?

5. What do people do in port after their excursion is over? Most excursions are only 3-4 hours do most people hang around the town or do you usually go back to the boat?

1) Sorry, I don't. Do try YouTube. They may have a video of that cabin.

2) As to the specialty Rest. we like Murano most. Very nice elegant French flair. Qsine is small portions(kind of like tappas)of food varieties from around the world. It can be quite adventuresome. If you're NOT a foodie, it may be a bit overwhelming. Tuscan is great for Italian gourmet. Great steaks to be had there.

3) You do get a few more choices that would be extra cost to the cheaper rooms, but nothing to really go gagga over. You do get priority embarkation which can be a blessing.

4) I think the hot tubs & pools close after 9:00 or so(not too sure)

5) A lot of pax go shopping. Some wander around the town by the port, eat drink etc. This can also be a good time to enjoy the ship when it's more quiet.

Perfect thank you! We are actually in Cabin 1050 not 1049.

We are pretty experimental with food so Murano may be on our list. I'm glad there are a few other free options that we can try as well.

My other question is where to stay pre cruise? We are planning arriving 3 nights before our cruise and I'm not sure if we should stay in FLL or MIA, both are similar in price for us. Any suggestions? I did search this subject but everyone picks FLL based on price but it's the same for us price wise so I'm not sure which is better?

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Miami Airport South before our Eclipse cruise this past December.

4101 NW 11th Street, Miami, FL, 33126 United States of America

Tel: 1 (786) 456-2100, Fax: 1 (786) 456-2200

It wasn't fancy, but was clean, comfortable and we wouldn't hesitate to stay again. They offered a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, and a free breakfast. We took a taxi shuttle to the ship with another couple we were travelling with, and the cost was low. There was a good low key restaurant across the street for dinner (nothing fancy but the food was good and also reasonable.

Perfect thank you! We are actually in Cabin 1050 not 1049.

We are pretty experimental with food so Murano may be on our list. I'm glad there are a few other free options that we can try as well.

My other question is where to stay pre cruise? We are planning arriving 3 nights before our cruise and I'm not sure if we should stay in FLL or MIA, both are similar in price for us. Any suggestions? I did search this subject but everyone picks FLL based on price but it's the same for us price wise so I'm not sure which is better?

We are on the same cruise as you and arriving 3 days early also because of airfare considerations. After many Florida cruises from both FLL and MIA, suggest you stay in the MIA area. Lots to do and see in both places, but from a logistics standpoint close to your sailing port is better. Price is not an issue for you, so no stress or higher transportation costs to get to the port on Sunday if you stay in MIA.

If driving to MIA from your home try to stay in a hotel that has free parking and lets you keep your car there while on the cruise for free, and simply take a shuttle to the port and back. Also no huge parking fee at the port for 14 days. If flying in to MIA consider renting a car for a couple of days to see all the sights in FLL and MIA and not just sitting around the hotel. Drop it off Sunday and shuttle to the port. One guys opinion, but this is how we do it. Your mileage may. vary.

Thanks everyone! I think we want to stay closer to south beach where all of the activities are.

The Eclipse is in the Caribbean in November which is what we have booked.

Try Priceline they have a 5 star hotel in Brickell the W.

very near to south beach you have to bid but we got it for $189 plus tax in Feb which is a fantastic rate.

Hotwire also have a 4* hotel st £85 per night 9th Nov for 3 nights

Thanks everyone I really appreciate all of the info! I will check out those sites as well to see what I can find. We will likely stay in MIA! Flights from Canada are really expensive that time of year I seem to have forgotten about American thanksgiving