Anthem June 8-17, 2017 - 9 Day Bermuda-Caribbean Photo Review

Thanks for another awesome review Lou!! I also enjoyed your Vista review...which ship do you think two boys (ages 8 and 11) would enjoy the most?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They both have so many different options for kids, I'm not sure which ship they would prefer. I can only list some options and hope it helps with a decision. I'm sure I'm forgetting some but this is what I remember...

Vista

- Sky ride

- Ropes course

- Water slides

- Arcade

- iMax theater

- Thrill Theater 3D/4D

- Sports deck with several games (ping pong...)

- Mini golf

- Basketball

Anthem

- Rock climbing wall

- Flowrider

- SeaPlex (bumper cars, roller skating, flying trapeze, video games, ping pong, Basketball and more...)

- iFly skydive simulator (you can only do this once if you can get a reservation)

- Arcade

- Escape room (but think it may be for ages 14+)

- North Star (although not a kids activity I think they would enjoy the ride and views)

They both have so many different options for kids, I'm not sure which ship they would prefer. I can only list some options and hope it helps with a decision. I'm sure I'm forgetting some but this is what I remember...

Vista

- Sky ride

- Ropes course

- Water slides

- Arcade

- iMax theater

- Thrill Theater 3D/4D

- Sports deck with several games (ping pong...)

- Mini golf

- Basketball

Anthem

- Rock climbing wall

- Flowrider

- SeaPlex (bumper cars, roller skating, flying trapeze, video games, ping pong, Basketball and more...)

- iFly skydive simulator (you can only do this once if you can get a reservation)

- Arcade

- Escape room (but think it may be for ages 14+)

- North Star (although not a kids activity I think they would enjoy the ride and views)

Thanks so much Lou! You are such a wealth of useful information. We are also from Ontario, so considering the drive to Cape Liberty for the Anthem. Wish us luck. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I used a Sony A6000 mirrorless camera and my Google Pixel cell phone for photos. Except the zip line and coaster in Labadee, these photos while doing the attraction are just screen captures from my GoPro video.

@loutheglue What size lens did you use? My mom is an amateur photographer and is ready to purchase based on your photos. She has a Canon that is too large to take on excursions. Can you advise which you used? 16-50mm Lens or 55-210mm Lens

@loutheglue What size lens did you use? My mom is an amateur photographer and is ready to purchase based on your photos. She has a Canon that is too large to take on excursions. Can you advise which you used? 16-50mm Lens or 55-210mm Lens

I used the 16-50mm kit lens for lots of close range photos around the ship and on excursions. This combo of the a6000 with the 16-50mm kit lens makes it compact and easy to carry (compared to larger DSLRs).

I used the 55-210mm lens for all long range shots from the ship and some long range shots on excursions.

My Pixel cell phone was used for all food photos and lots of other photos when I didn't have my camera.

I invite you to check out my flickr account Anthem Photos on Flickr where you can see the EXIF info for each photo and judge which lens worked best, but be warned there are lots of photos. Family and Friends get mad because I have too many photos to go through:)

For my next cruise I think I'm going to get an all-in-one lens so I don't have to swap them out (I'm not a professional so i find swapping out the lens a pain). I'm looking at the Sony SEL 18-200mm or the Tamron 18-200mm for my a6000. It's an expensive toy...

Thank you so much for the quick reply we love your photos and it helps us get more excited for our cruise on Aug 31 on Anthem.

I used the 16-50mm kit lens for lots of close range photos around the ship and on excursions. This combo of the a6000 with the 16-50mm kit lens makes it compact and easy to carry (compared to larger DSLRs).

I used the 55-210mm lens for all long range shots from the ship and some long range shots on excursions.

My Pixel cell phone was used for all food photos and lots of other photos when I didn't have my camera.

I invite you to check out my flickr account Anthem Photos on Flickr where you can see the EXIF info for each photo and judge which lens worked best, but be warned there are lots of photos. Family and Friends get mad because I have too many photos to go through:)

For my next cruise I think I'm going to get an all-in-one lens so I don't have to swap them out (I'm not a professional so i find swapping out the lens a pain). I'm looking at the Sony SEL 18-200mm or the Tamron 18-200mm for my a6000. It's an expensive toy...

I use an 18-200mm lens at work 99% of the time. I do medical photography in a hospital but also do PR and staff reward ceremonies and the like. This lens is extremely versatile. I have a 105mm for macro and the odd portrait, but I hardly ever take the 18-200mm lens off. I've been using my current Nikon 300s Body for about 6 or 7 years now. It is a bit dated but still does what I set it to do. But once on vacation, I'm ashamed to say that my Samsung Cell phone is my main camera, and a GoPro knock off (SJ4000) for scuba diving and other "extreme" activities.

I would like to add that I really enjoyed all your photos. Great job!

dp

I use an 18-200mm lens at work 99% of the time. I do medical photography in a hospital but also do PR and staff reward ceremonies and the like. This lens is extremely versatile. I have a 105mm for macro and the odd portrait, but I hardly ever take the 18-200mm lens off. I've been using my current Nikon 300s Body for about 6 or 7 years now. It is a bit dated but still does what I set it to do. But once on vacation, I'm ashamed to say that my Samsung Cell phone is my main camera, and a GoPro knock off (SJ4000) for scuba diving and other "extreme" activities.

I would like to add that I really enjoyed all your photos. Great job!

dp

Thanks for your input on the 18-200mm lens, that makes me feel more secure with the investment.

I too am guilty of using my cell phone camera a little too much, but as the saying goes the best camera is the one that's with you.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your input on the 18-200mm lens, that makes me feel more secure with the investment.

I too am guilty of using my cell phone camera a little too much, but as the saying goes the best camera is the one that's with you.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

(y):beer-toast: Cheers to that.

dp

This is the best thread that I have seen in a long time! Thank you so much. We were on the Anthem in March - but I was so burnt out that I was having a hard time remembering the details of this amazing ship! Now the memories have returned and I have you to thank!