Anthem June 8-17, 2017 - 9 Day Bermuda-Caribbean Photo Review

I also looked at your pictures and remembered being in many of those same spots in December, 2015 when we sailed her over Christmas. Have her booked again for this year, but if the prices don't drop, will cancel and see what happens after final payment.

Just a question for you...looking at the coupons you received as part of your booking amenities from your TA, I noticed that the specialty dining coupon specifically listed either Jaime's or Chops. Yet you were able to use it at Wonderland. I'm wondering how you managed that...did anyone say anything?

Loved your pictures. Sorry you came home to that intermittent rainstorm we had on Sunday.

Wow, I never read it till now. It also states must be port day. We just walked up to the desk at Wonderland and asked for the last formal night and that was it. They just made the reservation no questions asked. We did bring to coupon with us but they said they didn't need it, it was listed on our account.

Where did you walk? Was this just outside the dock? Or did you need to get a shuttle bus?

Also, how were the local island pastries? Would you say they were better than anything comparable on the ship?

Meeting point was not at the cruise port, it was about a 10-15 minute walk. We just mapped it out the night before on Google Maps and had no problems finding it. See the info below from the confirmation email we got from Spoons.

The pastry was better than anything we had on the ship, it was excellent.

Meeting Location:

We meet at Plaza del Quinto Centenario by the Totem Pole. Quincentennial Plaza is located on Calle Norzagaray between Plaza Ballajá and the Institute of Culture (large purple building). The Museum of the Americas is located in Ballajá and is a good reference point. The Plaza overlooks El Morro Fort and the Atlantic Ocean. GPS Coordinates: 18.468115, -66.119178

Your guide will have an orange umbrella with the Spoon Food Tours logo and will be standing near the Totem Pole. Please note, we are about a 15 minute walk or a 5 minute cab ride from the cruise ship docks. There is a Parking lot underneath the Totem Pole called Ballajá. Other lots are located on Calle Recinto Sur in the southern part of the city closer to the piers (Doña Fela, Puntilla, etc.). Old San Juan is also easily accessible by Uber or taxi.

Yes there are Eggs Benedict in the Windjammer, I didn't see them till the last day. I should know better to walk around the buffet before I make my selections, I would have seen them earlier, and they were really good.

Lobster was served the night we went to Wonderland so it is available for free, but we missed out.

Thank you so much!!! :)

Then we did the dragon’s Tail Coaster

35240439021_a648a26ef4_b.jpg

35203789852_65d2e7028f_b.jpg

R_E2FtY5JcY

How did you like the coaster? I know the views are incredible but I've heard some people say it was $25 for a 5 minute ride and they didn't think it was worth it... Also, did you notice any weight or height restrictions for the coaster?

Yes we did, we stopped for a drink 5-10 minutes at Maho Beach. We didn't see any large planes land (but we've been there before so no big deal). Maybe when they get this tour in full swing they'll sync up the time you arrive with some landings.

Here are some spots where we stopped

Stopped and feed some Iguana’s

34560827663_843f81c973_b.jpg

Visited Maho Beach

35203960452_fdc61ac96b_b.jpg

Drove though-out the whole island Dutch & French sides

Note the purpose of this tour is driving the Trikes around the island to sightsee, if you want beach time this is not the tour to take.

Feed The Iguanas???? I'm SOLD!

Ive gathered from other reviews that between 1pm and 2pm is when then Big planes fly over - not sure what time you guys were there. It looks like you got out on to the beach too, not just viewing it from the trike.

Me and hubby do like a beach day but it won't be the St. Marteen day - maybe the Labadee day.

Enjoyed your review and photos, thanks for posting, one question, how long was the sofa in your cabin? I like to take naps and the sofa looks a little short to me form your photos.

Sofa was a good size but I don't think I would be able to lay down on it and I'm 6' tall.

How did you like the coaster? I know the views are incredible but I've heard some people say it was $25 for a 5 minute ride and they didn't think it was worth it... Also, did you notice any weight or height restrictions for the coaster?

I don't think buying a single ride is worth it, for a little more you can get a day pass and ride as much as you like. You should purchase this in the cruise planner before you go, I noticed some people trying to buy the day pass on the beach and they wouldn't sell anymore. Plus if you watch the cruise planner online before you're cruise you may get 25% off like we did for the Zip Line and Coaster.

You don't get to enjoy the view very much because you are going fairly fast. But you can control your speed so you may enjoying going down a few times.

Minimum age is 5 years. Under 12 must ride with a parent. Max combined weight is 360 lbs.

Just wanted to thank you for the awesome picture review. Though I have seen a couple of them, they never get old. It was also the first time I recall seeing pictures of the indoor pool. Thanks for doing all that!

Thank you for taking the time to post such an informative and beautiful review. We have a trip planned next year on Anthem so this was very helpful.

We had a blast with Trikes Aruba and did not realize it has expanded to other islands. We are going to have to keep that in mind.

Last time we were in Puerto Rico we did the Flavors San Juan tour and it was fantastic. The Spoons tour looks great too so we may give that a try next time - though the Mojitos we had at our first stop of the tour will be hard to beat! :D

WOW! Loved the photo review. we will be on her in November. Are they finished with construction on the Bayonne bridge and do they accept credit cards for parking at the pier? Thank you so much.:D

Not sure about the Bayonne bridge but Yes they accept credit cards for parking at the pier. When you park you get a ticket, bring it with you and when you return the pay stations are just to the right next to the door to enter the parking garage.

We are also sailing in August. When you disembarked, did you get your luggage before you went through Homeland or after? DH will be in a mobility scooter & I can't handle both our cases & our carry-ons.