Perhaps some future Alaska visitor direction :)

Budget Queen

notentirelynormal - My niece knows she's going to Alaska. She knows i'm making her fly in a small plane and helicopter (weather permitting) that is about all she knows about our up coming trip. She's 48. Her mother (my sister) and my brother in law, has put some in put in what excursions she'd like to do and has put me in charge of making the arrangements and planning the trip.

I'm not as organized as you in the planning, but I have been trying to get to Alaska for 3 years now, so I had some idea of what I want to do and see. Just some of the planning gets unclear and that's where these boards really help.

But I do agree, there is some people that are just happy they are on an adventure and don't pre-plan anything.

It's their vacation. They should enjoy it as they want.

I know i'm going to.

Charlie

notentirelynormal - My niece knows she's going to Alaska. She knows i'm making her fly in a small plane and helicopter (weather permitting) that is about all she knows about our up coming trip. She's 48. Her mother (my sister) and my brother in law, has put some in put in what excursions she'd like to do and has put me in charge of making the arrangements and planning the trip.

I'm not as organized as you in the planning, but I have been trying to get to Alaska for 3 years now, so I had some idea of what I want to do and see. Just some of the planning gets unclear and that's where these boards really help.

But I do agree, there is some people that are just happy they are on an adventure and don't pre-plan anything.

It's their vacation. They should enjoy it as they want.

I know i'm going to.

Charlie

Everybody has a different level of adventure in them. My DH had to be very analytical at work and when he came home he vegged on the couch. My kids (even as adults) couldn't care less as long as I was paying them went. I have the organize gene. I can't help myself. If it can't be done on a spreadsheet there is no point doing it.

Then you get my friends. They haven't the God given sense that they were born with to figure out anything. You could insult that woman to her face - and she has been - and she simply would ask me.... do you think they were insulting me? YES! As long as she went somewhere familiar and could gamble at the slots that was all that she cared about. They were actually willing to pay me to drive them from their house to a baby shower for their daughter. It was a 40 mile drive but they just weren't up to driving that far. Researching and planning in advance is something they are just not capable of. She tells her DH to get on the ship and that is what he does, no questions asked.

Like Budget Queen..... I don't get it. Why would you want to go some place new and exciting and not try to get as much out of it as you can. The cluelessness. Nope, you can't buy that.

It isn't that they are clueless it is just their priorities are different then yours. They are busy working and taking care of parents or children and having the planning burden taken away from them is something they find appealing.

(y)

Some people like to take the ships excursions because of the peace of mind in not missing the ship if they are delayed .

The extra money is worth it to them. They do realize they are paying more, but have chosen to do so.

I am also the "planner" for our vacations, these boards do help tremendously as well as other boards, blogs and such on the internet.