Celebrity Suite VS Royal Suite on Summit to Hawaii

Skeezics

Which would you seasoned Hawaiian cruisers select? I have done the CS on a transatlantic and did not miss the veranda. I love the floor to ceiling windows in the CS - and do not know if I would use the veranda that much to warrent the extra cost. Off the ship during the day, and the four sea days could be too cool. (Hawaiian cruise in March or April from LA) Thanks for your recommendations!

In my opinion, I'd recommend the CS. Just got back from Hawaii San Diego - San Diego with 8 sea days. It was very cool and windy on most of the days on our cruise. Maybe an aft balcony would work but the side balconies, I think, might be too windy and cool to really enjoy.

Barbie43 - I'm sorry I can't offer any advice re as we have never done a CS. However, a week today we will be doing a 6-day cruise on Infinity in our first CS and ARE SO EXCITED!!! Chose this itinerary as the weather will be a bit cool (at least we think it will be) so figured we wouldn't miss the balcony. Would sure love to hear all the features you experienced, i.e. did you have breakfast and lunch in your suite? How about dinner? How was everything served? We did get the dining time we requested but don't know if our table for 2 will be granted. Anything you can tell us would sure be appreciated. And your cruise to Hawaii sounds wonderful.

Do you have anything on hold and are you talking about 2006?

All CS and RS are either waitlisted or sold out for Mar and Apr 06.

April 23 has had a great Happy Hour this weekend.. perhaps Celebrity would extend it. I'd go with Concierge Class and spend the money on shore.

I cannot speak for the CS, as we have only cruised in RS on Celebrity. We do enjoy the balcony and have actually used it during parties, as well as "sniffing the air" of different ports. Sometimes we will bundle up when it's cold outside, just to enjoy the air. I guess "to each his own". We have dined in our cabin on many occasions, and when we have more than 4, they have tables and chairs that are set up for more. We have never had more than 8 for lunch or dinner in our cabin. If anyone wants pictures of dining arrangements, let me know.

Rick

Barbie43 - I'm sorry I can't offer any advice re as we have never done a CS. However, a week today we will be doing a 6-day cruise on Infinity in our first CS and ARE SO EXCITED!!! Chose this itinerary as the weather will be a bit cool (at least we think it will be) so figured we wouldn't miss the balcony. Would sure love to hear all the features you experienced, i.e. did you have breakfast and lunch in your suite? How about dinner? How was everything served? We did get the dining time we requested but don't know if our table for 2 will be granted. Anything you can tell us would sure be appreciated. And your cruise to Hawaii sounds wonderful.

We had breakfast. The butler would come in every morning and quietly set up. Loved the two plasma TV's, though we never used the one in the bedroom. Bring Cd's for there is a player, and music is nice to have. I think you will love the experience.

Do you have anything on hold and are you talking about 2006?

All CS and RS are either waitlisted or sold out for Mar and Apr 06.

April 23 has had a great Happy Hour this weekend.. perhaps Celebrity would extend it. I'd go with Concierge Class and spend the money on shore.

Have deposits on both, Have to make up my mind up in January.

Barbie...we originally booked a CS for Hawaii, but changed ot to a RS when the first one opened up. We spent a lot of time on the balcony on the cool windy days bundled up in Alaska, and wouldn't want to miss it for Hawaii.

Which sailing are you looking at. We are sailing on March 26th,,,just can't wait.

Nancy

Barbie...we originally booked a CS for Hawaii, but changed ot to a RS when the first one opened up. We spent a lot of time on the balcony on the cool windy days bundled up in Alaska, and wouldn't want to miss it for Hawaii.

Which sailing are you looking at. We are sailing on March 26th,,,just can't wait.

Nancy

The RS is also on March 26th. It opened up about 2 weeks ago, have kept the CS on the late April sailing until we decide. We had a RS on the Mercury in October and loved it. Thanks for your input.

We also had a RS on Mercury...We had a fantastic cruise...not one complaint. We thought the staff was extremely friendly and we were treated very well. That was our first cruise with Celebrity, and we will have a hard time choosing any other line. The RS looks to be just about the same except for the hot tub on the balcony. My boys are really looking forward to that. We have a very active roll-call for the March 26th sailing...you should come take a look. A lot of very nice people. Nancy

I would normally recommend the CS because I love them. (Both our TAs in 2006 will be in CS.)

We had a RS on the Mercury and although it was nice, and I did enjoy the balcony, I missed the huge windows and I really liked the CS floor plan better.

That all being said, the thing I love most about being in Hawaii (other than our friends) is the smell of the air. It is saturated with floral scents that would be missed in the CS.

Tough choice, glad it's yours and not mine!:D

Susan

Susan, I know that this is probably a dumb question, but I'm curious. My husband is handicapped due to a stroke. In the RS on the Summit, there was a bathtub and a shower. I noticed that there is not a separate shower in the CS. Will it be difficult for my husband to climb into the tub to take a shower. In other words, is it a deep tub?

Any info about the CS regarding the bathroom setup will be appreciated. Also, is there as much shelf space in the CS as there is in the RS?

Judy,

The bathtub in the royal suite on the Mercury was a little shallower than the tub in the CS on the Infinity, but then the Mercury is an older ship. I would imagine that the CS tub is as deep as the tub in the RS on the M class ships.

Your husband may find the separate shower in the RS to be more convenient than trying to climb into the tub in either suite. You may want to contact the Special Needs Department to see if they can help.

I only got a partial shot of the tub, but you can see most of it by looking in the mirror at: http://community.webshots.com/photo/381876151/381876151KFbUQr

Note, that there are hand rails and grips on the wall.

Susan

I have mild mobility problems in that I cannot lift my leg up high. In the CS this year on Infinity I would not have been able to get into the shower/bath at all so I guess your husband might also have problems. However, the ships carpenter very kindly made me a set of steps up over the edge of the bath. They did take a few days though to be made so I will be contacting them before I cruise next time. It did seem strange something had to be made as opposed to being readiy available, but it was a work of art when it arrived, complete with carpeted steps!

Susan and Uktog, Thank you for the information. I will call the special needs department. I know how helpful people are on the ship. On the Summit in October, the staff brought our mother a shower stool to make it easier for her in the shower (she uses Oxyget 24/7).

Again, thank you for the info and the suggestion

Archived