Anthem Any Time Dining reservations

My wife and I are veteran cruisers, but first time on Quantum class ship. We are RCCL Diamond status. Just booked 8/17 sailing for Anthem of The Seas and went on line to reserve dining times in the no fee restaurants. I had been told that there is no main dining room, in the traditional sense, and there are four venues that do not have fees and do accept reservations; The Grande Restaurant (requires suit or tux), Chic, Silk, and American Icon Grill. I was only able to reserve the times for the nine day voyage and not able to select any of the four no fee venues. On my cruise calendar, next to each day, all that it says is "My Time Dining" with the time that I have reserved. No opportunity to select any of the four restaurants. Has anybody had a similar experience and, if they have, how were you able to specify the restaurant that you wanted for each day of your cruise.

My wife and I are veteran cruisers, but first time on Quantum class ship. We are RCCL Diamond status. Just booked 8/17 sailing for Anthem of The Seas and went on line to reserve dining times in the no fee restaurants. I had been told that there is no main dining room, in the traditional sense, and there are four venues that do not have fees and do accept reservations; The Grande Restaurant (requires suit or tux), Chic, Silk, and American Icon Grill. I was only able to reserve the times for the nine day voyage and not able to select any of the four no fee venues. On my cruise calendar, next to each day, all that it says is "My Time Dining" with the time that I have reserved. No opportunity to select any of the four restaurants. Has anybody had a similar experience and, if they have, how were you able to specify the restaurant that you wanted for each day of your cruise.

Royal Caribbean did away with Dynamic Dining. They now use Chic and Grande for traditional dining and Silk and Americon Icon grill for MTD.

As stated above, since you have My Time Dining, you'll be assigned to either Silk or American Icon. That will be on your SeaPass card when you get it.

As for reserving specific times, it might be that they have closed pre-reservations at this time.

Give a call and ask them if there are any times available to book in advance. Otherwise, you can go to the hostess desk when you board and see about making MTD reservations at that time.

As stated above, since you have My Time Dining, you'll be assigned to either Silk or American Icon. That will be on your SeaPass card when you get it.

As for reserving specific times, it might be that they have closed pre-reservations at this time.

Give a call and ask them if there are any times available to book in advance. Otherwise, you can go to the hostess desk when you board and see about making MTD reservations at that time.

It looks like they have reservations, they were just confused about the inability to choose one of the four restaurants.

On my cruise calendar, next to each day, all that it says is "My Time Dining" with the time that I have reserved.

The website is confusing since in places it still uses the words Dynamic Dining even though it doesn't exist anymore.

It looks like they have reservations, they were just confused about the inability to choose one of the four restaurants.

The website is confusing since in places it still uses the words Dynamic Dining even though it doesn't exist anymore.

You're quicker than I am to understand. You're probably right. Time is set but they don't understand that they can't pick the restaurant anymore.

Thanks for pointing it out. Hope you guys are well. Maybe we'll get to sail with you again.

You're quicker than I am to understand. You're probably right. Time is set but they don't understand that they can't pick the restaurant anymore.

Thanks for pointing it out. Hope you guys are well. Maybe we'll get to sail with you again.

Would be nice to catch up with you again too, hope everyone is doing well too, looks like we have been sailing the same ships, just different weeks.:)

We are doing Alaska on Radiance for our 30th anniversary next May, so we are probably not sailing again until then since excursions are so expensive. If I can find a cheap cruise on Anthem or Serenade in the fall, we might jump on something last minute. I am doing a girls cruise for my Mom's 80th on NCL Dawn out of Boston, but that doesn't count.;p:D