Where to stay when sailing on the Anthem of the Seas

crn

We are booked on Anthem of the Seas, September 23rd. Will be flying in the night before to LaGuardia. Is it better to stay in New York or New Jersey? Easiest way to get to the port?

If you could fly to Newark (EWR), you would be much closer to the port, and have a much less complicated travel chore ahead of you.

If you are stuck going into LGA, then I suggest you ask your transportation question on the East Coast Departures forum, where there are professionals to help with transportation in the NY area:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

Thank you all. I will check out the East Coast Depature Boards

I'm sure there are transfer buses, etc., from LGA to Newark. From there you can pick up a shuttle to the Hoyle you choose near the airport. We did the Hampton Inn and then an Uber ride to and from the hotel. $20 bucks as compared to a $60+ taxi ride. Great check in and departure at the port. Have a great cruise[emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't want to take a bus from LGA to EWR, it'll be long and not so simple.

There's nowhere really decent to stay right near Bayonne so you'd be staying near Newark airport or somewhere else 10- 15 minutes or so away from port anyway.

NYC to Bayonne is a very quick trip. 20-30 minutes and around 9 or 10 am on a Sunday, traffic is unlikely. Uber around $25-30. And you'd have the ability to sightsee and have great, walkable meal options. I'd stay in NYC.