Prepaid Speciality Restaurant Reservation Refunds

lx200gps

Now that specialty restaurant reservations can be made and prepaid online, in advance of your sailing, what would happen if the booking has to be cancelled? Uncharacteristically, the Princess web site does not make finding the answer very easy. Prior to sailing, if you had to cancel, I assume your credit card would be credited back, but would a refund be forthcoming if someone waited until after boarding and had to cancel? Would the charges be credited to your onboard account, or worst case, would you not even get your money back?

We always book immediately after boarding (well, after first grabbing Sanctuary seats ;o), either in person at the restaurant, or if they refuse, via the phone line, which is usually jammed on embarkation day. There are benefits to booking online well in advance and we're not averse to it, but I'd like to know how easy it is to get our money back if plans change.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts comments .

Are you able to book ahead of sailing using credits that your TA gave you??

That would be great but no type of credit can be used & it must be paid by chargecard.

As a test to discover their cancellation policy, I added a specialty restaurant dinner for a future cruise. It was added to my cart but without explaining the cancellation policy & didn't go to the next step to pay by chargecard or Pay Pal. Maybe after making payment the cancellation policy is explained but that's something that should be available before deciding about pre-paying for a specialty dinner.

In January this option was available but we had no problems making a specialty restaurant dinner reservation. The advance booking option has only 3 times (5:30, 6:30, 7:30) for my future cruise & based on previous discussions not all seats are available for pre-reservation.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We prepaid for specialty restaurants on board ruby and sail next week and was wondering same thing!! My husband booked it but I don't believe there was anything about cancellation policy. Can someone please tell me about sanctuary and how that works? Being an Alaskan cruise on the ruby is it a week pass? What do you get? Any info would greatly be appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We prepaid for specialty restaurants on board ruby and sail next week and was wondering same thing!! My husband booked it but I don't believe there was anything about cancellation policy. Can someone please tell me about sanctuary and how that works? Being an Alaskan cruise on the ruby is it a week pass? What do you get? Any info would greatly be appreciated!!

Actually, our next trip that caused me start this thread and ask the question about restaurant reservations is also an Alaskan run in early September on the Ruby, a ship we know and love. There's a ton of info on the Sanctuary here on CC. but in summary it's an adults-only area with loungers forward on Deck 17. Very quiet and private, a great way to beat the crowds and pandemonium of the pool areas. It offers very attentive service as befits its cost.at around $50pp/day, with a discount if you book for the entire week. Someone can update us on current exact pricing. It's also bookable in half day increments, and you can usually also book for specific days, such as sea days which is what we always do. That being said, we probably won't waste money on it for an Alaskan trip in September, as the Sanctuary is best enjoyed in warm weather. I'm not keen on reclining on a beautiful longer dressed in a sweater and jeans, sitting under a blanket ;o) Being at the bow, it can get very windy

I recently cancelled my prepaid specialty restaurant reservations for an upcoming cruise. I didn't receive any communication from princess about the cancellation and I don't see any mention of any the reservations (or cancellations of them) anywhere in my cruise personalizer. I saw the refund on my credit card 3-5 days later. I like the option of prepay but the lack of communication is an issue for me.

lx200gps....

We read that the sanctuary had searing inside and out? We read somewhere that getting the sanctuary on glacier bay day was great because of the ability to go in and out and the viewing was great! Having never sailed ruby, could you confirm this??

Now that specialty restaurant reservations can be made and prepaid online, in advance of your sailing, what would happen if the booking has to be cancelled? Uncharacteristically, the Princess web site does not make finding the answer very easy. Prior to sailing, if you had to cancel, I assume your credit card would be credited back, but would a refund be forthcoming if someone waited until after boarding and had to cancel? Would the charges be credited to your onboard account, or worst case, would you not even get your money back?

We always book immediately after boarding (well, after first grabbing Sanctuary seats ;o), either in person at the restaurant, or if they refuse, via the phone line, which is usually jammed on embarkation day. There are benefits to booking online well in advance and we're not averse to it, but I'd like to know how easy it is to get our money back if plans change.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts comments .

On your cruise personalizer , when you click on the specialty reservations and then scroll all the way to the bottom and it shows what you have booked, right under your bookings it says:

Cancellation Policy: Cancellations can be made online up to 7 days prior to embarkation and will receive a full refund to the credit card used. Cancellations can also be made onboard 24 hours prior to your reservation by calling the DINE Line or at the respective specialty dining restaurant. Onboard refunds will be applied to your stateroom account in the form of onboard credit.

lx200gps....

We read that the sanctuary had searing inside and out? We read somewhere that getting the sanctuary on glacier bay day was great because of the ability to go in and out and the viewing was great! Having never sailed ruby, could you confirm this??

The Ruby's Sanctuary has loungers in the sun, and in the partial shade under overhead screens. No "inside" or "outside" loungers, only covered or uncovered. It's well protected by windows around the outside, but being right on the bow, the wind does work its way in. As to using the Sanctuary for scenic cruising days in Alaska, you'll have to decide for yourselves whether its worth it or not. It's not directly open and the views to the outside are compromised by the windows, which BTW are tinted Princess blue. That's why I plan to use the Promenade Deck for any scenic days or other photo ops, much easier access and fewer obstructions than in the Sanctuary. Still, we DO love the Sanctuary ;o) CC won't let me post a photo of the Ruby's Sanctuary, but just Google it, there's tons of shots available. In any case, you are able to go up there and walk around and decide whether you want to book it. If there is ANY chance you may want to, get up there early, the moment you board, as the loungers usually sell out pretty quickly, though perhaps not as quickly on an Alaskan trip.

On your cruise personalizer , when you click on the specialty reservations and then scroll all the way to the bottom and it shows what you have booked, right under your bookings it says:

Cancellation Policy: Cancellations can be made online up to 7 days prior to embarkation and will receive a full refund to the credit card used. Cancellations can also be made onboard 24 hours prior to your reservation by calling the DINE Line or at the respective specialty dining restaurant. Onboard refunds will be applied to your stateroom account in the form of onboard credit.

Thanks for the heads up, much appreciated. I didn't really think it would be an issue. As someone else also pointed out, it seems that you actually have to book and pay before you get to see the Ts and Cs/cancellation policy of the booking. Seems we can safely book now, thanks again for the confirmation.

Thanks for the heads up, much appreciated. I didn't really think it would be an issue. As someone else also pointed out, it seems that you actually have to book and pay before you get to see the Ts and Cs/cancellation policy of the booking. Seems we can safely book now, thanks again for the confirmation.

You're welcome! I loved that we can now book online in advance for the specialty restaurants, even with only 3 time choices, I thought they were quite reasonable times, and not have to worry about it being the first thing we do when we get on running to standing in a line to get reservations or being on hold in the cabin. We can get on and truly enjoy the afternoon before the ship sails!:)

Here was our experience with this situation on Royal last month. It coincides with what has been stated above in the policy.

We went to CG without a reservation on the first formal night, but I had a prepaid reservation for a forthcoming night later on. Later the next day we decided to cancel the prepaid if it was possible, over 24 hours prior to the booking, and were credited back to our stateroom account.