SC Guarantee

Saphire

I would like to know how it works when purchasing an SC Guarantee cabin. Are you offered an upsell to an SA (if available)? We have only purchased SZ guarantee in the past, and have been offered upsells to a Neptune suite several times at varied costs. Can anyone share their experience with the SC guarantee? Thanks!

I would like to know how it works when purchasing an SC Guarantee cabin. Are you offered an upsell to an SA (if available)? We have only purchased SZ guarantee in the past, and have been offered upsells to a Neptune suite several times at varied costs. Can anyone share their experience with the SC guarantee? Thanks!

We had an SC guarantee once and ended up in SA. No upsell. Just an upgrade. No call for an upsell either.

As already stated, SC or SB guarantees are not offered upsells to other Neptune categories (such as SA).

One bad thing about these guarantees is that often the Signature suites are offered upsells to Neptunes (even SA) and get to select their cabin BEFORE the guaranteed are assigned. Once we did the upsell from an SY to an SA and got to select a cabin right opposite the Neptune Lounge. On the same cruise a friend of ours had a SC guarantee and was assigned an SB on a lower deck than the Neptune Lounge, even though he paid more than I did for the cabin in total.

This does not seem fair of course, but I understand why HAL does this. They have the SC guaranteed locked in and they want to upsell as many SY or lower catergories as possible to increase revenue before they give away the free upgrades. Keeping good cabins open helps them to upsell more people.