Any update on the expansion of the renovated Sabatini's menu?

cruise2relax

I have a few upcoming cruises and was wondering if there is any update on the roll out of the new menu for Sabatini's restaurant? I have read a few reviews from the two ships where its is currently being used but no further updates as to the roll out which they originally stated would take place over the "coming months" after April.

We had the new Sabatini's menu on the Grand Princess June 7th cruise, believe me it was disgusting!! After the waitress brought several items for us to try, we left hungry and no charges were added to our cruise cards! It was that BAD!

We had the new Sabatini's menu on the Grand Princess June 7th cruise, believe me it was disgusting!! After the waitress brought several items for us to try, we left hungry and no charges were added to our cruise cards! It was that BAD!

Why was it that disgusting? Disgusting is such a strong term. Did you not like the ingredients or the way it was prepared? I know that they made changes to the menu and many will prefer the old menu items, but I don't think that I've ever tried anything on Princess that was disgusting!

We tried the menu on the Grand. Hands down the best meal we had including Crown Grill. We took our servers suggestions. The lamb appetizer was delicious. My husband had the seafood dish and was wowed. I had the chicken and it was also very good. The dessert sampler was excellent. The meal is certainly worth a try. Enjoy.

We ate at Sabatini's on the Grand in May. The server said it was their first cruise to offer it. We thought everything was delicious. My DH and father-in-law said the lamb skewer appetizer was excellent. I had the fondue (soup) and chicken and liked both very much. It was enough food that I skipped a couple of the courses. Food is subjective, but we really liked the new menu. We plan to eat there again on our next cruise. I think it's definitely worth trying and then deciding for yourself. Like the previous poster, we enjoyed it more than Crown Grill (although that meal was certainly good, too).

My DH and I ate at Sabatinis in June on the Caribbean Princess and we thoroughly enjoyed the new menu. Everything we had was delicious. With the old Sabatini's format, there were so many courses and the meal took hours to get through. The new menu offers many choices but not as many courses and we left feeling pleasantly full and happy. They did not rush us out of the restaurant and we enjoyed the meal at a leisurely pace. Our waitress was fantastic and that added to the experience. We would definitely eat there again and thought it was good value for the money.

Barb