Worth the risk..... B1 to SF (Gem)?

esm54687

Everyone has great opinions and insight on here so I thought I would ask......

I'm scheduled on the 11 day Eastern Caribbean next March and been thinking if it would be worth bidding on an SF.... I currently have a B1 on 10 so I know Bliss won't be an issue but if I bid on an SF then I run into the chance of being on 8 and potentially Bliss bass and music being annoying.

I know I'm many many months away and SFs may not even be available but I've been thinking "what if"

My question: is it worth the risk?

Thanks!

To me, no. It should depend on how late do you plan to stay out each night and if you plan to use the cabin during the day for quiet breaks. I think you know which cabins will most likely be unsold and go into the bidding pool. I would only chance a bid for the SE suites or Haven suites on a Jewel class with Bliss towards the aft.

To me, no. It should depend on how late do you plan to stay out each night and if you plan to use the cabin during the day for quiet breaks. I think you know which cabins will most likely be unsold and go into the bidding pool. I would only chance a bid for the SE suites or Haven suites on a Jewel class with Bliss towards the aft.

Thank you

To me, absolutely worth it! The easy embarkation and debarkation alone make it worth it to upgrade to the suite. Let alone, breakfast in bed, hardly any lines, Haven access, etc. The real question is, why WOULDNT you? ;p

edited to point out the obvious - we like to cruise in suites and are willing to pay more up front to do so. I HATE lines and my patience is almost zero, so a suite is a "must have" for me. OK, yes, I am spoiled. I work hard so I am worth it. :)

To me, absolutely worth it! The easy embarkation and debarkation alone make it worth it to upgrade to the suite. Let alone, breakfast in bed, hardly any lines, Haven access, etc.

There is no Haven access for SE and SF suites on Jewel class ships.

To me, absolutely worth it! The easy embarkation and debarkation alone make it worth it to upgrade to the suite. Let alone, breakfast in bed, hardly any lines, Haven access, etc. The real question is, why WOULDNT you? ;p

edited to point out the obvious - we like to cruise in suites and are willing to pay more up front to do so. I HATE lines and my patience is almost zero, so a suite is a "must have" for me. OK, yes, I am spoiled. I work hard so I am worth it. :)

I travel via CAS so the early embarkation in NYC is already realized..... my biggest concern was bidding and getting an SF in a bad spot (Bliss)..... I love the aft and tossing and turning about even bidding.

Are there any drawbacks for a forward facing suite (SE) such as wind while at sea, etc. I know if it rains then it will be impacted but will the wind just go up the front because of aerodynamics.

Thanks..

I travel via CAS so the early embarkation in NYC is already realized..... my biggest concern was bidding and getting an SF in a bad spot (Bliss)..... I love the aft and tossing and turning about even bidding.

Are there any drawbacks for a forward facing suite (SE) such as wind while at sea, etc. I know if it rains then it will be impacted but will the wind just go up the front because of aerodynamics.

Thanks..

Regarding the front facing balconies, I am not sure as we have not sailed in a cabin with those yet (first one planned for next year in March). I have read they can be windy, but if you are sitting down the wind is not a big deal. Personally, I look forward to the wind. When it is hot, sunny and humid out a nice wind feels good to me! :)

Regarding the front facing balconies, I am not sure as we have not sailed in a cabin with those yet (first one planned for next year in March). I have read they can be windy, but if you are sitting down the wind is not a big deal. Personally, I look forward to the wind. When it is hot, sunny and humid out a nice wind feels good to me! :)

I'm March as well..... I guess we will find out together (if I choose to bid) 😁