Future Cruise Credit

babs135

One last question: Is there any true advantage in taking up the offer of FCD?

As long as you are certain that you will make a booking for another Cunard cruise within 12 months, the cruise will be for 6 days or more and that you will book the appropriate U.K. fare type then the true advantage is the additional OBC on top of any that is on offer at the time of booking as follows:

On Board Spending Money:

6-9 nights on board

Grill Accommodation = $200USD

Balcony Accommodation = $150USD

Inside / Outside Accommodation = $100USD

Sailings of 10 nights or more

Grill Accommodation = $400USD

Balcony Accommodation = $300USD

Inside/ Outside Accommodation = $200USD

M-AR

You do get some OBC. For me the main benefit has been the double OBC that is given to solos. Example - my last booking, for a 14 day voyage, received $400 OBC rather than the $200 that would have been received for double occupancy. This is my experience and I do realize that Cunard is sometimes inconsistent. Katherine

As long as you are certain that you will make a booking for another Cunard cruise within 12 months, the cruise will be for 6 days or more and that you will book the appropriate U.K. fare type then the true advantage is the additional OBC on top of any that is on offer at the time of booking as follows:

On Board Spending Money:

6-9 nights on board

Grill Accommodation = $200USD

Balcony Accommodation = $150USD

Inside / Outside Accommodation = $100USD

Sailings of 10 nights or more

Grill Accommodation = $400USD

Balcony Accommodation = $300USD

Inside/ Outside Accommodation = $200USD

M-AR

M-AR is spot on in the post above.

We disembarked the QE in Southampton this morning and purchased an FCD each with the OBC benefits as specified only yesterday.

Applies in UK only.

I was awarded the $100 obc from the future cruise credit after my travel agent spent 50 minutes on the phone with three Cunard personnel, ending with upper management..........They argued I received outdated paperwork on the ship but their main argument was that I had booked a "flash fare." If I did, it was news to me, I have booked one in the past so am aware of the terms and conditions. My argument: flash fares are not published and I was paying the reduced price on their website.(since lowered) .............before I went to my travel agent, I called Cunard directly for details and no mention it was a flash fare from that rep -- I purchased Cunard Air and Cunard Care which are supposedly not available with a flash fare. They gave me my military obc. They forced me to take a guarantee without telling me if I paid more, I could pick a cabin - it its a flash fare, higher price should be available.. Paperwork from the future cruise credit should state all limitations. ....The most recent info I can find on Cunards policies on flash fares goes back to June 2009.................................from what others have posted, it sounds like future cruise credits are still policy and that is good news - although I am convinced after talking with my friend who was on the Victoria in January , that Cunard was trying to change policy.....

I was awarded the $100 obc from the future cruise credit after my travel agent spent 50 minutes on the phone with three Cunard personnel, ending with upper management..........They argued I received outdated paperwork on the ship but their main argument was that I had booked a "flash fare." If I did, it was news to me, I have booked one in the past so am aware of the terms and conditions. My argument: flash fares are not published and I was paying the reduced price on their website.(since lowered) .............before I went to my travel agent, I called Cunard directly for details and no mention it was a flash fare from that rep -- I purchased Cunard Air and Cunard Care which are supposedly not available with a flash fare. They gave me my military obc. They forced me to take a guarantee without telling me if I paid more, I could pick a cabin - it its a flash fare, higher price should be available.. Paperwork from the future cruise credit should state all limitations. ....The most recent info I can find on Cunards policies on flash fares goes back to June 2009.................................from what others have posted, it sounds like future cruise credits are still policy and that is good news - although I am convinced after talking with my friend who was on the Victoria in January , that Cunard was trying to change policy.....

Hi Keuka Lake Sailor. Happy that it worked out for you & thanks for the update. My husband and I usually purchase a FCC on board ($600 total for two FCC). Next time I'll be a better consumer and request that the terms and conditions are clearly indicated in the purchase contract (it was never that formal in the past). Thanks again & have a great trip. Regards, - Salacia

Sorry for being so oblivious here. In the past, we've always resisted encouragement to prebook a cruise while aboard. (On all lines, including Cunard.)

In May, after doing a RT TA, we decided to book another RT TA for Sept 2018 and received $360 pp OBC. We're from the USA, so those rules apply. I had always heard that those OBCs were transferrable, should we decide on another voyage. However, I didn't press Yoyo on this when I booked, (There was a waiting line that afternoon)

Looking at the current offers, I already see better options, and will expect that better offerings will come up in early 2018. If my TA cancels and rebooks us (before the cancellation penalty) will our OBCs still be in effect?

Sorry for being so oblivious here. In the past, we've always resisted encouragement to prebook a cruise while aboard. (On all lines, including Cunard.)

In May, after doing a RT TA, we decided to book another RT TA for Sept 2018 and received $360 pp OBC. We're from the USA, so those rules apply. I had always heard that those OBCs were transferrable, should we decide on another voyage. However, I didn't press Yoyo on this when I booked, (There was a waiting line that afternoon)

Looking at the current offers, I already see better options, and will expect that better offerings will come up in early 2018. If my TA cancels and rebooks us (before the cancellation penalty) will our OBCs still be in effect?

Hi MarkBear. I agree with you about resisting booking while on board...Well, to tell the truth we did book once during our 13 QM2 cruises. I had been following the prices on a certain cruise through my on line travel agent, and when I read in the Daily Program me that double on board credits were on offer for that cruise, I booked on board - with the stipulation that the booking went through my travel agent. As it turned out the travel agent was also offering a generous OBC and a lower fare than what I was quoted. Pretty sweet.

Now, that's only happened once in 13 cruises over ten years. But hope springs eternal that it will happen again (fat chance). Meanwhile, I continue to purchase future cruise credits while on board without booking a specifc cruise. We'll see how long that lasts ;) <--- are those new emoticons creepy, or what?;p

Mark, my understanding is that you didn't buy a Future Cruise Credit (FCC), you booked a cruise with certain offers. Most often the terms and conditions state that if you cancel that booking, the offers are not transferrable - unlike Future Cruise Credits.So my guess is that your OBC's will not carry over from a cancelled booking to a new booking. I hope I'm wrong. Best, -Salacia

Similarly, last year I sought to change the stateroom category on a (US) booking that was originally made onboard (upgrade from Inside to OV or Balcony). My TA was advised that I'd need to cancel (with full refund) and rebook with the offers then available. He made some other calls and the net was that we only lost out on a complimentary Verandah meal.