Keeping in touch on board

miggles

Hi All. I am traveling with a group of 23. Any suggestions on how to keep in tiouch with each other? We are going to do post it notes on cabin doors. Wondering how do cabin phones work meaning are we able to leave voice mail messages ? Any ideas would help thanks

I am interested in this as well. Carnival has a great app that allows passengers to text each other when on the ship for a price of $5.00 for the whole cruise. Hopefully NCL has something similar.

Definitely second iConcierge. Works very well. Cost is around $10 for each phone you sign up on it though. Also would take a while to get 23 accounts signed up and connected to each other. Probably worth it though.

Definitely second iConcierge. Works very well. Cost is around $10 for each phone you sign up on it though. Also would take a while to get 23 accounts signed up and connected to each other. Probably worth it though.

And of course, there are surely many in the group that will NOT have their phone turned on. Some folks leave them at home or in the safe.

I am interested in this as well. Carnival has a great app that allows passengers to text each other when on the ship for a price of $5.00 for the whole cruise. Hopefully NCL has something similar.

I just got off a Carnival cruise with a group of 5 families- total 16 people, the CarnivalHub app worked great! Not everyone got it but at least one person from each family was using their phone as a camera and got the app... you are still off the grid because the app only works on the ship and between the connected folks but hey, if you are using your phone as your camera anyway, it's an easy way to keep in touch. It was very helpful once when someone thought he lost his sail and sign card, text the group and learned it was at our table by the pool, saved a trip to guest relations. I definitely would use it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi All. I am traveling with a group of 23. Any suggestions on how to keep in tiouch with each other? We are going to do post it notes on cabin doors. Wondering how do cabin phones work meaning are we able to leave voice mail messages ? Any ideas would help thanks

NCL iConcierge is about the only way. Everyone has load the app on their phone BEFORE you leave on your cruise. Once on board everyone has to buy the $10 service. Then you can text between phones, and you can also call the cabin phone and leave voice messages.

Once you buy the package, check on the "messages" screen of your cabin TV. You'll find a message with a PIN number that you can use to easily authorize the app. Or you can just sign in with all your details.

While on board you first put your phone in Airplane Mode (so you don't use the cell service) then go back and turn just your Wifi ON. We found that sometimes the app wouldn't communicate properly, and the best thing was to kill the app and restart it. You don't have to re-register if you do that.

Results can still be kind of iffy. Most of the time it does ok, but we've had a few times where it doesn't deliver a text for hours or even until the next day, so make backup arrangements, like post it notes on your door or something.

Oh, you also get a lot of ads from the NCL shops on the app. It doesn't seem to have any problem sending those!

You can leave voicemail on the stateroom phones. You can even customize your outgoing message.

We recently traveled with a (much) smaller group (5 cabins) and we had no issues staying touch via post it notes and voicemail.

We also quickly learned our favorite bar so awe could usually find each other pre-dinner.

You can leave voicemail on the stateroom phones. You can even customize your outgoing message.

We recently traveled with a (much) smaller group (5 cabins) and we had no issues staying touch via post it notes and voicemail.

We also quickly learned our favorite bar so awe could usually find each other pre-dinner.

This works great but unfortunately you can't get remote access to your voicemail (you need to be in stateroom to get messages)

Well...if each person signed themselves up it would not take long at all. Not sure if you have to do anything special to connect with each other....I think you can simply text anyone who has the app. I could be wrong but I think that is the way it works.

I had a group of 16 on board. In addition to the NCL app I provided a daily calendar with activities/meals we were all doing together. Outside of that I didn't care what they did [emoji23]...

We all signed up at lunch and passed around paper at lunch and texted out sheet so people could add each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk