Changing a payment method for onboard expenses

gigem_aggies

I can't for the life of me figure this one out. We originally were going to use all cash for our onboard expense account, but now want to add a card to our account instead. I can't figure out how to change my account type from cash to credit. Thoughts on where to look? Of course, when I click on the "need help" button in my cruise manager, I get a bad request error...

I have had various online glitches over the years that really have no explanation. I have ended up calling the customer service line with great results in taking care of my problem 99% of the time. just an FYI should you come into a problem in the future that can't be figured out!

I can't for the life of me figure this one out. We originally were going to use all cash for our onboard expense account, but now want to add a card to our account instead. I can't figure out how to change my account type from cash to credit. Thoughts on where to look? Of course, when I click on the "need help" button in my cruise manager, I get a bad request error...

I know you said you deleted your account and started over but for those who might still be having an issue and don't want to go through the misery of starting over here is a step by step:

Choose the booking with the guest who will be changed

Click on the edit button neck to Online Check in

Choose Onboard Expenses

Click on Edit next to the guest you wish to edit.

Then edit the information and click on Update and that's it.

I have a question too please.

We have my SIL staying in our room with us under our booking #. Right now the account is set up for cash. When we get to port, we'd like to change this to CC. But my SIL will need to keep hers as a cash account.

She'll obviously have her own S&S card so she should be able to do this correct? even though she's on our booking can she have her S&S card on her own account for cash?

I have a question too please.

We have my SIL staying in our room with us under our booking #. Right now the account is set up for cash. When we get to port, we'd like to change this to CC. But my SIL will need to keep hers as a cash account.

She'll obviously have her own S&S card so she should be able to do this correct? even though she's on our booking can she have her S&S card on her own account for cash?

Yes, you can do this. When you do your online check-in, you have the option to allow others (or not) to be tied to your account (giving them charging privileges on your account). If you've already set it up, just go back into your online check-in and edit that section on your account. Then you can do another to set up a separate account for your SIL in the online check-in. Then when everyone gets their Sail & Sign card onboard, each will be tied to their own account.

I know you said you deleted your account and started over but for those who might still be having an issue and don't want to go through the misery of starting over here is a step by step:

Choose the booking with the guest who will be changed

Click on the edit button neck to Online Check in

Choose Onboard Expenses

Click on Edit next to the guest you wish to edit.

Then edit the information and click on Update and that's it.

I tried this and it wouldn't let me edit the account from a cash account to a card. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had to change mine also at the port. Like the poster above said I got to the port they said the last 4 numbers and i said nope can't use that one. it was considered compromised and i received a new card. Had forgotten to update it before i left.