Question re mini-suite cabins

SaveMeJebus

Thinking about upgrading from outside balcony to mini-suite today, but figured I'd ask if anyone had any opinions about these choices before I do.

Debating between cabins 8041, 8019, and 8010 for the Cook Island itinerary.

One thing that has me confused is that cabin 8041 is listed as max guests: 2 whereas cabins 8019 and 8010 are listed as max guests: 4. What's that all about?

Also, if anyone has any opinions on noise for any of these, much appreciated.

I believe that it is just a typo and that all of the minisuites can hold 4 people. No matter which one you choose you will be fine. They all have the same noise levels(basically 0) and are all well situated. You can not go wrong.

From what we've learned, only some of the mini suites will hold more that 2 people (and those are only in the category AA mini suites). But even if you're booked in a cabin that will hold more than 2 people, you may not be able to book a 3rd or 4th passenter. Princess restricts how many 3rd & 4th passengers they'll allow for the whole ship. My understanding is "the law" requires the ship to have safety facilities for the maximum passengers. Small ships, like the Tahitian Princess, do not have lifeboat capacity or whatever for very many "extra" passengers.

I know at least one person for our group cruise is waitlisted to be the 3rd passenger in a cabin that holds 4 passengers.

From what we've learned, only some of the mini suites will hold more that 2 people (and those are only in the category AA mini suites). But even if you're booked in a cabin that will hold more than 2 people, you may not be able to book a 3rd or 4th passenter. Princess restricts how many 3rd & 4th passengers they'll allow for the whole ship. My understanding is "the law" requires the ship to have safety facilities for the maximum passengers. Small ships, like the Tahitian Princess, do not have lifeboat capacity or whatever for very many "extra" passengers.

Thanks for the info. Not particularly interested in bringing a third of fourth person on our honeymoom cruise :rolleyes: . I was just wondering if the rooms were somehow larger than the ones that hold a max of 2. From what you wrote, I would venture to guess that they're not.

• 2 months later...

We spent our honeymoon in 8041 in Sep 05. It was a very nice mini. It had a couch that I assume would pull out, but as we were on our honeymoon as well, we certainly weren't thinking about 3/4 persons.....

Enjoy your honeymoon!

we are booked in room 8049 for our May cruise on the TP for our honeymoon. I have heard they are well worth the extra for a special event like a honeymoon. I have sailed before on the Dawn Princess and the balcony room was nice but it's bathroom was small. I can't wait for our mini suite room and the upgraded bathroom with a full size tub.

Archived