Help with choice

a.madruga

It's got to be Santorini, its natural beauty is brilliant. Venice is great if you can get away from the hordes, but to do this means St Marks square at 23-45 which is great or getting up really early like 5-30am but never managed this as only been overnight here on a cruise ship or staying on Guidecca

choosing between Venice or Santorini, when it comes to more romantic or your for choosing one over the other. Going in April 2018 for 30 anniversary. Thanks to all with suggestions

I'm partial to Santorini, having been there and not having been to Venice. With that in mind, I'd highly not recommend taking the donkeys up the side of the crater to Santorini, especially if you're afraid of heights. My sister is afraid of heights and regretted taking the donkey up!

Sent from my LGL22C using Forums mobile app

From a sheer beauty perspective, I think Santorini: the view along the caldera, prototypical white buildings with blue domes, beautiful sunset, some interesting winding mazes of streets, etc. You can also visit a winery, visit a beach, etc. If just a port of call, I do find it kind of tough manage a lot of activities as the destinations are going to be kind of spread out more.

I think there's more interesting things to do in Venice in a more compact space: Markets, quick hops to other islands, various views along the canals and piazzas. It is kind of crazy during the day, especially in St Mark's. What a difference in St Mark's between day and night.

From a sheer beauty perspective, I think Santorini: the view along the caldera, prototypical white buildings with blue domes, beautiful sunset, some interesting winding mazes of streets, etc. You can also visit a winery, visit a beach, etc. If just a port of call, I do find it kind of tough manage a lot of activities as the destinations are going to be kind of spread out more.

I think there's more interesting things to do in Venice in a more compact space: Markets, quick hops to other islands, various views along the canals and piazzas. It is kind of crazy during the day, especially in St Mark's. What a difference in St Mark's between day and night.

Agree with Milhouse. Have you considered a Venice to Athens cruise and then fly to Santorini for two or three days? It is quite doable, especially in the shoulder season (April), and it is your 30th...

Neither are romantic during the day with hordes of tourists however both can be in the evenings. If you want to cruise then I would suggest starting in Venice so you can experience it at night when the peddlers close up and the streets are less crowded. Venice to Athens with a couple Greek isles sounds good