HAL excursion timing

Friends booked the Tracey Arm boat excursion leaving from the ship and ending in Juneau AND the Taku Lodge feast and flight. I just looked at that and it said departure is at 2:30. I thought the boat does not get to Juneau before 3:30. Does HAL not have a way to prevent excursion overlap? What should they do?

HAL's site doesn't have a way seeing if excursions are overlapping.

But once on the ship, the shore excursion people will get a red flag for both excursions and your friends will get a letter. I heard one instance where the shore excursion people selected the excursion for one couple and they were not happy when they got on the ship and found that they didn't get their first choice.

Your friends better decide now which one they will do.

There is no guarantee that they will get to Juneau in time for that other excursion.

When I was looking at excursions, and had one booked already, the website red flagged me on it and said it overlapped with one booked. It may have been a temporary bit of good in the website that they quickly undid, but for me, the website stopped any progress on a booking overlapping.

When I was looking at excursions, and had one booked already, the website red flagged me on it and said it overlapped with one booked. It may have been a temporary bit of good in the website that they quickly undid, but for me, the website stopped any progress on a booking overlapping.

This is exactly what happened to me on booking a 2nd shore excursion for my cruise in 2 weeks to Alaska.