Has Anyone Sailed Relatively Empty Voyager?

mrlevin

Voyager Hong Kong to Beijing 17-29 December has at least 153 empty cabins (minus however many Cat H guarantees have been sold) including 54 empty Penthouse Cabins. Seems to me that Regent would likely offload a part of the crew in Singapore (5 December) and regain the crew in Singapore (17 January). So, what will the ship be like? I have been on relatively open cruises before but not one to this extent and not on Voyager. Will Regent limit restaurant choices at lunch and dinner (can't imagine pool grill will be busy with temps in 30s and 40s)? Will Regent limit bar hours perhaps keeping only one or two open in the evenings? Will stewards and butlers be offloaded to an extent that might limit responsiveness off hours?

Nothing negative to this post (I am really looking forward to this cruise as we celebrate our 25th anniversary on this segment); just curious to the experience of others.

Thanks,

Marc

Our first cruise with Regent was on Voyager in 2009 (Dubai to Mumbai); there were only just over 500 passengers on board.

It was a perfect cruise, with no reduction in staff or services.

There is still time for your cruise to fill up before Christmas - over the years Regent have become very adept at maximising occupancy through discounting and special offers. They will likely fill the PH Suites through 'upsells' leaving lower grade suites to be sold at a discount.

Recently they appear to have targeted mainland Europe with 'specials', where they are trying to increase their customer base.

When Regent was still Radisson, many cruises were about half full. This year (Alaska and Med. cruises only), it seems like Regent is having a heck of a time filling the ships. The itinerary we are doing (Alaska) had a last minute addition of The Artful Traveler which quickly filled most of the ship. However, the August 23rd sailing is running half full.

I understand the Med. because of issues going on in that area (plus the horrendous heat in July and August) but Alaska is typically a popular destination. I assume that the Med. cruises are selling at bargain prices as well. We try very hard to avoid sailing in the summer due to crowds, children, etc.

Flossie, thanks! Will be interested in your observations on your August cruise; either as a relatively light load or of what Regent did to fill the ship.

Have a great cruise!!!

Marc

We are sailing Voyager Oct 8 Venice to Rome 19 days, looked at cabin availability today and all suites are showing wait lists and 2 categories are closed. Last time I looked back in May only 2 categories were watlisted, I assume this means it will be a full ship.