Reservation made before the switch to Premium All-Inclusive

Apolgies if this has been asked before but I could not find it. We booked a NCL cruise mini-suite in January and got the Ultimate Beverage Package and the dining package. After we paid the deposit, NCL changed to Premium All-Inclusive. My question is can I expect NCL to offer me the extra features in the all inclusive package like free speciality coffee and service charges? Or would they have expected me to cancel and rebook? I will ask them but thought I'd see what you all think would be right for them to do.

Hi hawkeye :)

Premium All-Inclusive does not apply to US bookings, so if you booked through NCL Miami (or a US-based travel agency), you don't have to worry about this. You will get all (and only) the perks you booked.

Even if it is a booking in an area where all inclusive is now offered it won't make any difference.

All inclusive applies to bookings made after it was introduced. For example, I have two bookings made last year and these will be on the terms as booked. My booking I made a few weeks ago will be the first one where all inclusive applies.

For Europeans, cancelling and rebooking would obviously give all inclusive, but you would lose your deposit and the increased fare will most likely be more than the extra benefits offered.

The only time that it is likely to be worth cancelling and rebooking (in the U.K. anyway, I haven't looked at European fares) is for Hawaii cruises. We cancelled and rebooked this as it now offers the beverage package which more than outweighed the extra cost. This is only because you didn't used to be able to get the UBP as a perk (or any other way) on Hawaii cruises.

Even if it is a booking in an area where all inclusive is now offered it won't make any difference.

All inclusive applies to bookings made after it was introduced. For example, I have two bookings made last year and these will be on the terms as booked. My booking I made a few weeks ago will be the first one where all inclusive applies.

For Europeans, cancelling and rebooking would obviously give all inclusive, but you would lose your deposit and the increased fare will most likely be more than the extra benefits offered.

The only time that it is likely to be worth cancelling and rebooking (in the U.K. anyway, I haven't looked at European fares) is for Hawaii cruises. We cancelled and rebooked this as it now offers the beverage package which more than outweighed the extra cost. This is only because you didn't used to be able to get the UBP as a perk (or any other way) on Hawaii cruises.

Thanks for your input. I booked in Europe (now live in Sweden) so could get the all inclusive. I'm not sure the cost of the cruise increased but losing the deposit would certainly make it a losing proposition to cancel.