Hotel in Copenhagen

Joal

My wife and I will be in Copenhagen for tree days before going on our Baltic cruise this August. Plan to stay at the Marriott Copenhagen. Has anyone here stayed at this hotel? Our concern is the location with respect to being able to walk from the hotel to the downtown area, to the City attractions, etc., Any advise will be much appreciated.

Copenhagen is very walkable. We stayed at the Babette Guldsmeden hotel about 10 mins walk from the Little Mermaid statue. It's close enough to the port as well so taxi wasn't too expensive (although everything is in this part of the world - we paid 30$US for 2 muffins, 2 cappucinos and an orange juice at a cafe for breakfast!).

If you don't have any mobility restrictions, I don't think you can choose a bad spot anywhere around town - as long as you enjoy walking and discovering things. We walked about 10 miles the first day we were there :)

My wife and I will be in Copenhagen for tree days before going on our Baltic cruise this August. Plan to stay at the Marriott Copenhagen. Has anyone here stayed at this hotel? Our concern is the location with respect to being able to walk from the hotel to the downtown area, to the City attractions, etc., Any advise will be much appreciated.

We stayed at The Square Copenhagen (Rådhuspladsen 14) last month. It has a walking score of 99 and is one block from Tivoli Gardens. Numerous restaurants and bars on the same block as the hotel. We chose this hotel because of mobility issues and we couldn't walk very far. Needless to say, it's right in the middle of things.

Copenhagen is very walkable. We stayed at the Babette Guldsmeden hotel about 10 mins walk from the Little Mermaid statue. It's close enough to the port as well so taxi wasn't too expensive (although everything is in this part of the world - we paid 30$US for 2 muffins, 2 cappucinos and an orange juice at a cafe for breakfast!).

If you don't have any mobility restrictions, I don't think you can choose a bad spot anywhere around town - as long as you enjoy walking and discovering things. We walked about 10 miles the first day we were there :)

Thank you for your reply. We chose the Marriott because the AC. Since we will be there in August for three nights, we wanted to make sure we will have good AC, just in case. After much research, we realized that AC is not common in that part of the world. It is understandable because of the climate. But we have read, and also been told by Danish friends that now and then they can have a heat wave. Glad to know we will be able to walk to Tivoli Gardens and other attractions. Thankfully, we do not have mobility issues, so walking is fine

We stayed at The Square Copenhagen (Rådhuspladsen 14) last month. It has a walking score of 99 and is one block from Tivoli Gardens. Numerous restaurants and bars on the same block as the hotel. We chose this hotel because of mobility issues and we couldn't walk very far. Needless to say, it's right in the middle of things.

Thank you for your reply. Good to know about the many restaurants around The Square Copenhagen hotel. We will keep that in mind at dinner time!

We stayed at the Marriott a few years ago and it was fine. There weren't a lot of restaurants around the hotel and a few nights we ate in the concierge lounge, which provided a nice lite dinner. It was about 4 blocks from Tivoli (a magical place!) and a slightly longer walk to Nynhaven. We went all over and never once took a cab except to go to the cruise ship.

Sorry to ask, but with regard to the Marriott, is this the Copenhagen Marriott or the AC Sky Marriott? We're staying at the AC Sky with points and had enough to do the two nights there but not at the "Copenhagen Marriott". I thought the AC Sky wasn't as centrally located. (Although was happy to see it has a cruise/airport shuttle! [emoji5])

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry to ask, but with regard to the Marriott, is this the Copenhagen Marriott or the AC Sky Marriott? We're staying at the AC Sky with points and had enough to do the two nights there but not at the "Copenhagen Marriott". I thought the AC Sky wasn't as centrally located. (Although was happy to see it has a cruise/airport shuttle! [emoji5])

This is the Copenhagen Marriott (the one by the canal). You are referring to the Bella Sky Copenhagen by Marriott.

AC Bella's Sky is located closer to the airport. You can take the Metro from Bella Center to Kgs Nytorv in City.

Marriott Copenhagen is located at the harbor site, 750 meters from Tivoli.

AC Bella's Sky is not walking distance. However a nice hotel.