Various Notes from Allure July 2nd Sailing

I wasn't going to post a whole live review but thought I would share some various thoughts and comments.

I thought embarkation was the best I have ever seen. I have sailed out of a couple ports and always thought it was very disorganized, especially New Orleans. This was a breeze and actually enjoyable. Left our room at the Hilton Marina at 10:20 arrived at the port at 10:40 and were ordering our first drinks in Central Park at 11:15 (We are Gold so just slightly ahead of the first timers). Well done RCL and the Port Everglades staff.

MDR was ok tonight, we have seen better. We will be trying every restraunt out this week but Japanese and Chef's table so we will see how it goes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your review of embarkation. My family and I are going on Allure on July 16th and wondered how smooth getting on went at Port Everglades.

Question, I myself am Gold but my wife and kids are not. I'm assuming since we are all under the same reservation that they will be abe to get early boarding as well??

Looking forward to reading other posts of yours if you do them.

Thanks for your review of embarkation. My family and I are going on Allure on July 16th and wondered how smooth getting on went at Port Everglades.

Question, I myself am Gold but my wife and kids are not. I'm assuming since we are all under the same reservation that they will be abe to get early boarding as well??

Call C&A and get your wife and kids linked to you and you will all be gold.

They were checking each person's card and they did tell some folks traveling in a large group they would have to split up, but I am not sure about families. I am thinking you should be ok if you are traveling on the same reservation.

Spouses will get C&A status of highest guests level, if they are in the same cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spouses will get C&A status of highest guests level, if they are in the same cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spouses and minor children share the status level of the highest spouse. They do not need to be in the same cabin or even sail together to get this benefit.

:) if only the 16th of July would get here tomorrow. We're totally ready and prepared especially reading lots of info and advice on CruiseCritic

I totally agree with you! We are on the July 9th sailing and I can't wait. I hate to wish away precious days but I want it to be here tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Spouses and minor children share the status level of the highest spouse. They do not need to be in the same cabin or even sail together to get this benefit.

This. I had never been on a single cruise but achieved emerald on my honeymoon due to my wife's status from cruising as a kid. Some people marry into wealth, I married into RCI status. [emoji846]

In reality the difference between gold members and Royal Caribbean first timers is about 14 seconds.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hi we are here too and thought embArkation was very smooth. We left Hyatt place at 11 and got there just in time to start checking in. Once on board we went to park cafe had lunch wasn't so busy yet. Went to kids club signed up my kids , got waiver bracelets for zip line etc and enjoyed the rest of our day. The guy at the zip line waiver was grateful that I did all my signing on line.

Only gripe is our room is above Central Park and I think we are above a restaurant we are right above trellis bar and it was quite noisy at 2in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife gave the thumbs up to Sorrento's, which in my book it is good.

Mama Mia was good, but a little long for my taste.

Comedians were fantastic, there was a Santa looking guy in a Hawaiian shirt in the front row and his last name was actually Claus. You can't make this stuff up.

We are trying Chops tonight!

We were a party of 13 and just got off Allure on July 2nd. We are Emerald and the port staff was nice and let the group follow me on the ship. Even if they didn't we would have been on very fast anyway. Getting to the port just before 11AM we were on in no time. Headed right to the Windjammer and grabbed lunch. It was starting to get crowded as we were leaving to explore. We ended up camping out at the pool until 1PM when rooms were ready. Getting off the ship was very quick as well.

We ate at Giovanni's and it was outstanding. All the shows were a big hit with the group. We did not eat in the MDR much. Mostly the Windjammer which had the least variety of food we have ever seen in a WJ. Slightly disappointing but we were really looking for quick meals and thats what we got.

We had one day of rain and no one got off the ship in St Kitts. We pulled in and pulled out within hours. the rain had caused mudslides (not the good kind) and shut down the island. They even closed schools.

A couple of us did the All Access Tour. This was outstanding and so interesting.

It was all in all a great week for all of us. Hope yours is as well!

Edited by klombar

The wife and I tried Giovanni's table tonight. We preferred it to Chops as we both had the filet again and it was the same as you get at Chops. Only difference is the sides which I have to say the Lasagna was fantastic. They also grabed a Caesar salad from Chops for my wife. Chops was good but Giovanni's was better. On a side note the wife pointed out the Oreo Missippippi Mud Pie in Chops was missing the Oreos or they were hidden well.

Labadee was fun today, the weather was fantastic, and the drinks were cold. I do like you can use your seapass card on land meaning I could take full advantage of my drink package.

For those of you have been to Harvest Caye with NCL I would say both are comparable but NCL is better on the facilities having a large pool and more elaborate water area with slide for the kids but RCL did it right by allowing the use of seapass card and having free food.

Ocean Aria last night was great as well. I am an engineer so I was fascinated by the pool and the rising platforms allowing them to run across and stand on the water. Also, at the end of the show the support divers came up which was interesting because I was thinking who is changing all the rigging and props. All and all very good show and unique to anything I have ever seen. By the way we got there 20 mins early with reservations and we had to sit in the very back.

The wife and I stayed back on the ship and hung out today. We have been to Falmouth before and if you don't have an excursion booked there really isn't much to do. We did get off for approximately 30 mins to visit the dairy queen. It was good!

Tonight we ate at Samba. Service was a little slow, but we think that is from just having a reservation when they opened. The wife and I don't waste any time and get down to business. The salad bar wasn't the best, but that's not why you come. The food was great, way too much, and oddly enough the bacon wrapped chicken was my favorite! All of it was good! The dessert was lacking and a bust. For those of you who have done the Brazillian on NCL I will have to give them a nod by a long shot. Better Salad bar, they bring sides to the table, meat is good and always there, and the Chocolate Tres Leches is the best dessert on board in my opinion.

For this cruise my wife and I are solo but going on the March 11th sailing with the kids so we are checking out some of the family activities as well. We saw How to Train Your Dragon at Studio B. It was cute and should be very entertaining for our 5 and 8 year old.

We are trying Park 150 tomorrow so I will let you know how it goes.

Nothing else to report for now.