Royal Caribbean boarding times San Juan

Cfox23

I just got an email about check in times based on what floor you were on. In my previous cruises, I've never seen this before(maybe I missed it). Is this enforced and does anyone really go by this? I'd like to get on as soon as we can. Thanks

If you're platinum or above you can board at whatever time. But I didn't see anyone being turned back. Most people go straight from the airport to the ship, with many flights starting to arrive before noon. I'm sure most of these people are not up there in C&A and they just check in as soon as they get there.

Boarding usually starts approx. 11:00am.....No one is checking or does it matter what if any C&A level you have.

RCI has been giving these boarding time options for awhile...but so far they haven't been enforced.

Just go to the ship when you're ready to board.

Can I expect Freedom to have the same basic boarding times it does now out of Florida, even though ship sails much later out of San Juan?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes...the late sail out time in San Juan doesn't usually affect boarding time if everything has been on time for the cruise prior to yours...it will be approx 11:00am. It has for us each cruise from San Juan. And do remember RCI sails out of the Pan American pier.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
41 minutes ago, Lisettecruisenewbie97 said:

My flight lands 2:20pm Sunday 12/23/2018 and the cruise departs same day- at 8:30pm- Is that enough time to get checked in to cruise on time? we are cruising Freedom of seas out of SJ

Yes...as soon as you pick up your luggage go out to the taxi line (very easy to follow signage).

Tell the person directing the taxi line you need to go to the Pan American pier...priced by zones very regulated so have no concern. Checkin needs to be approx 90 min before sail away so you'll be fine. Enjoy, we were just on Freedom this past September.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:57 PM, Lisettecruisenewbie97 said:

My flight lands 2:20pm Sunday 12/23/2018 and the cruise departs same day- at 8:30pm- Is that enough time to get checked in to cruise on time? we are cruising Freedom of seas out of SJ

Please join us on the Freedom December 23 roll call.