transportation from HKG to port

pschmitt22

We will be on the Nautica cruise departing from Hong Kong on January 6th.

There will be 6 of us. Any suggestions for transportation from the airport to the cruise port? I know that the train goes to the ferry terminal in Kowloon for about $12 per person.

Is the ferry terminal within walking distance to the ship?

I would assume that luggage on the train won't be a problem. Each of us will probably have a large suitcase and a carry on.

Would we be able to find a van at the airport to take us to the port?

What would the cost be?

Thanks!

Here is a page on the Hong Kong International Airport site with some limo services

http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/aguide/limousine.html

I plan to use Parklane for our February Nautica cruise.

FYI - a 20 passenger minibus would be $116 dollars (900 Hong Kong Dollar) total (not including tip) per their website. A seven seater limo is listed at 600 HKD, but I think with six people and luggage, you'd be pretty cramped. :eek:

Joe

It would be totally easy to jump on the train at the airport and get off at Kowloon. The walk from Kowloon station to the terminal is very short indeed. About two blocks - I have done it post-cruise and the only problem is that we couldn't find any lifts (elevators) so it's a bit of a hassle bumping your luggage up and down the stairs. Otherwise just to to the 'official' taxi rank at the airport - again, very easy. Just don't accepty anyone that comes up to you at the airport offering a 'limo', unless you don't mind being ripped off.

Even though the HK airport-to-city tram is efficient, for 6 of the new-comers with luggages I still suggest to take a van to the cruise ship (dock at the Ocean Terminal?) instead. Besides the issues mentioned before, there are lots of traffic (similar to Time Square) in that shopping area during the New Year holiday period. If you really want to try the train route, my suggestion is to stay overnight in a hotel near the Kowloon cruise terminal area such as Marco Polo Hotel as the Kowloon train station has the free hotel shuttle for you.

Archived