Live Posting - Celebrity Summit 7/7

We usually go to the coco reef hotel next door to the elbow beach. they include lunch in their package for a few dollars more then elbow. you also get wine or soft drink included. You can also use the pool. Might do elbow for a change next month. fortunately we have never had rough seas sailing to bermuda and hope this trend continues! enjoying your pictures.

thanks

I have a question about one of your posts. You said you needed early seating for a shore excursion.

Who did you ask to get that early seating? How did you contact them?

We are in the concierge level for the Summit 7/30 and so far on a wait list for 6:00 MDR Traditional dining.

We really don't want to eat at 8:30 (being an older couple who are used to eating at 5:00 at home), but I fear that 's what we'll end up with because I called Captain's club and they checked with dining who said it's doubtful. Even Select dining isn't available

Thank you for your help.:)

I have a question about one of your posts. You said you needed early seating for a shore excursion.

We are in the concierge level for the Summit 7/30 and so far on a wait list for 6:00 MDR Traditional dining.

We really don't want to eat at 8:30 (being an older couple who are used to eating at 5:00 at home)' date=' but I fear that 's what we'll end up with because I called Captain's club and they checked with dining who said it's doubtful. Even Select dining isn't available

Thank you for your help.:)[/quote']

Did you consider the day of your shore excursion to dine in Sushi on Five, Tuscan or Qsine? Even the buffet is available if you do not want to pay for a specialty restaurant.

Thank you for your report - enjoying it very much. Can you please let me know how your day at Elbow Beach goes - I also booked through Resort for a Day. In particular, where do you check in? I am trying to avoid steps or a long walk, and would like to tell the cab driver exactly where to drop us off, hopefully on beach level, near the chairs. Thanks again.

Did you consider the day of your shore excursion to dine in Sushi on Five, Tuscan or Qsine? Even the buffet is available if you do not want to pay for a specialty restaurant.

Hi! We did consider speciality dining although we did not hear positive things about Qsine and Tuscan. I may check out the sushi restaurant but DH is not a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We really don't want to eat at 8:30 (being an older couple who are used to eating at 5:00 at home)' date=' but I fear that 's what we'll end up with because I called Captain's club and they checked with dining who said it's doubtful. Even Select dining isn't available

Thank you for your help.:)[/quote']

Hi!! This one is kinda a sticky question and I will try to answer each part.

We decided before the cruise that we wanted select dining. We are more night owls than morning people so the latest seating works out best for us. During our arrival, we had lunch in the MDR and there we asked for dinner reservations for 830. We got our reservations but we're told we needed to make them daily.

When we arrived at dinner, people who did not have reservations were being turned away.

We called our concierge and requested a standing 9:00 dinner reservation at the table we sat in during the first night. She said it would be no problem.

On Tuesday at dinner we told our servers that we will be unable to make the 9:00 reservations due to the tour and could we come around five. We reached out to the host and concierge and were given 5:30.

TBH, I think your best bet would be to go to lunch at the MDR and see if you can make reservations there for dinner. We ended up switching from traditional to select that first day.

Good luck!!!!!

Hi!! This one is kinda a sticky question and I will try to answer each part.

We decided before the cruise that we wanted select dining. We are more night owls than morning people so the latest seating works out best for us. During our arrival, we had lunch in the MDR and there we asked for dinner reservations for 830. We got our reservations but we're told we needed to make them daily.

When we arrived at dinner, people who did not have reservations were being turned away.

We called our concierge and requested a standing 9:00 dinner reservation at the table we sat in during the first night. She said it would be no problem.

On Tuesday at dinner we told our servers that we will be unable to make the 9:00 reservations due to the tour and could we come around five. We reached out to the host and concierge and were given 5:30.

TBH, I think your best bet would be to go to lunch at the MDR and see if you can make reservations there for dinner. We ended up switching from traditional to select that first day.

Good luck!!!!!

You are the second person to say that people without dinner reservations are being turned away. I am confused, I thought if you have select dining you do not have to have a reservation? I understand you may have to wait for a table but don't understand being turned away. We will be in the Summit at the end of the month and have select dining.

I am also on this sailing and I must say I didn't experience rough seas at any time. Actually quite the contrary...I think the seas are as smooth as glass.

I'm definitely not a fan of Qsine but have never been disappointed in Tuscan.

Overall it's been a great cruise.

You are the second person to say that people without dinner reservations are being turned away. I am confused, I thought if you have select dining you do not have to have a reservation? I understand you may have to wait for a table but don't understand being turned away. We will be in the Summit at the end of the month and have select dining.

You do not need a reservation for select but we would recommend getting them. The people who were turned away came to the MDR when it was full and they couldn't provide a table prior to the kitchen closing.

If you have select dining and go without reservations, you are given a buzzer which will go off when your table is available. I believe the buzzers can be carried to the bars but I am not sure.

After dinner, we got off of the boat to join the sightseeing tour. This is a MUST DO when you are in Bermuda. Kevin and Slim were our tour guides and they were so informative and funny. We got a historical tour of the area, then got to check out the coral reef in the glass bottom. We heard the stories of the Bermuda Triangle and saw a shipwreck. The tour was beautiful and very reasonable in terms of excursions. We paid $65./person. It was a great time!

My DW and I will be on the July 30th sailing to Bermuda from Bayonne. Only our 2nd time cruising and first on Celebrity. I am a bit confused about your tours...are you speaking about two different ones here (Sightseeing and then the Bermuda Triangle). I don't think I have seen a combined tour of both. I don't really want to do a sightseeing cruise as we are already on a boat for 7 days and prefer to stay on dry land, but very interested in the sightseeing tour. Which one did you do and where did you book it?

I am also on this sailing and I must say I didn't experience rough seas at any time. Actually quite the contrary...I think the seas are as smooth as glass.

I'm definitely not a fan of Qsine but have never been disappointed in Tuscan.

Overall it's been a great cruise.

We are so glad to hear that you did not experience the rough seas!! The water from the pool was splashing out and the top decks were closed due to the rough waves!! The Concierge and room steward were so helpful in trying to help with the motion sickness! I am just glad my doctor called in the patches for me to pick up in Boston.

Thank you for your report - enjoying it very much. Can you please let me know how your day at Elbow Beach goes - I also booked through Resort for a Day. In particular, where do you check in? I am trying to avoid steps or a long walk, and would like to tell the cab driver exactly where to drop us off, hopefully on beach level, near the chairs. Thanks again.

Hi!! We just got back from Elbow Beach. I will add more details about the trip on the reg response but I wanted to respond to your questions.

The taxi driver took us right to the beach. I would say there are about 50 steps and it's a sharp decline.

I believe this was probably the wrong place to drop us off because the check in area/bathrooms are about a city block from where they dropped us off.

Where we picked up the taxi to go home was about a flight of stairs and walking thru the restaurant.

Hope this helps!

My DW and I will be on the July 30th sailing to Bermuda from Bayonne. Only our 2nd time cruising and first on Celebrity. I am a bit confused about your tours...are you speaking about two different ones here (Sightseeing and then the Bermuda Triangle). I don't think I have seen a combined tour of both. I don't really want to do a sightseeing cruise as we are already on a boat for 7 days and prefer to stay on dry land, but very interested in the sightseeing tour. Which one did you do and where did you book it?

Hi! We booked the sightseeing Bermuda Triangle evening cruise. I have attached the Celebrity Excursion sheet and it is the last one listed.

We loved it!!! It was about 90 mins and the first half was a sightseeing and history of the island. The second half was the glass bottom part. What we loved was that the tour stopped so we could see the sunset and they made sure we got pics of the shipwreck!

Hi! We booked the sightseeing Bermuda Triangle evening cruise. I have attached the Celebrity Excursion sheet and it is the last one listed.

We loved it!!! It was about 90 mins and the first half was a sightseeing and history of the island. The second half was the glass bottom part. What we loved was that the tour stopped so we could see the sunset and they made sure we got pics of the shipwreck!

I am fairly new to CruiseCritic and I don't see a link to view the attachment. Am I missing it??

Thank you for your reply to my dining questions.

Here's another: We've never been in a concierge level room. How do you contact the concierge?

concierge cabins include a list of amenities such as embarkation lunch in the MDR, afternoon canapes, a bottle of bubbly etc.

Although there is a concierge on board (whom is available to everyone), You don't necessarily need to seek out the concierge. If you want to speak to him or her, then the place and hours will be listed on the daily. Guest services and the excursion desk perform many of the services that a traditional concierge would .

Hi all! The wifi was mad spotty last night so I didn't get to post, so here we go...

DCH and I booked a day at the Elbow Beach resort through resortsfortheday.com prior to getting on the ship.

We headed out around 11ish and waited outside for a taxi. The cruise ship offers a bus ride to Horseshoe cove...just be aware that that is all you get! No chairs, umbrellas, lunch, etc.

As stated before, the taxi ride was pricey and a bit long. The ride was between 25/30 mins and $43 each way. The ride was nice though because you got to see the area!

We arrived at Elbow Beach and were dropped off a few steps from the beach. They had chairs and umbrellas already set up and we just needed to pick one to set up!!

We had waiter service and free water bottles.

The water was AMAZING. We actually swam with the fishes and I ain't talking about the Mafia version...real fish!! It was awesome!!!

Our ticket stated that we were to leave the resort at 5 but the gentleman who was in charge of the umbrellas said we could stay for as long as we wanted. Due to our dinner time, we chose to leave at 6:30.

The servers at the outside bar called us a cab and we waited only 5 mins for one to show up.

All in all it was a gorgeous day!! I'm posting pics also!

b3df2ed2b9d0b9db4b3fb315750bfb44.jpg49a9f6f6eb393cc7fc68a270f47f1392.jpgbd93e090fdf04255c2a25f1f82732688.jpgf3607fb3d69640a7ff45a48e4ce8e44c.jpg

If you get a chance, can you snap a picture of the kids menu in the MDR? Does it change daily? I know it's just adults for you, but if you notice it I'd very much appreciate it!

Hi!! We will ask tonight and will send a menu. We have seen children eating mac and cheese, hamburgers and chicken fingers at the MDR. They also have been given chocolate milk and cookies for dessert. Stay tuned!

Thank you for doing this review- I have been following every day and am enjoying it very much!! DH and I will be taking this cruise in August and are also fans of the Wente Cab whichwe discovered last year on Summit. Can you tell me if it is still availableby the glass or just by the bottle? On our last cruise, the price of aglass of Wente Cabernet was such that it was included in our Classic Package - we are hoping the same is true this year.

Thank you in advance! Enjoy the rest of the cruise!